Why do Window users put up with so many viruses and worms?

For me, I use a lot of software (and lots of popular games too) which is written for Windows not Apple. So the decision is easy for me. Windows. Besides, it's so much cheaper than an Apple system. If I can see a shift in marketing towards Apple, then of course I would be more interested in investing an Apple PC or even Linux for that matter.

Windows based PC are just so dominant in this day and age. Have to go with what's most popular.

For you I understand. You like to play games. But if you read the article I am sure you would advice others ( that are not hard-core gamers ) to get a Mac. On the topic of apples costing more I would say you get what you pay for. And when you say that you use a lot of software I hope you mean games. Because For any windows software Mac has one that is like it or better. But in the end your right Windows based PC are more popular than Mac based PC, but more popular does not mean better.

P.S. I Do belive one day the market will shift towards apple. As soon as people see that apple PC are so much more reliable, and when Apple finaly decides to put more effort into creating a more user-friendly Mac gaming world.

i really thing apple is overpriced and definately not worth your money. My friend just go those imac g5s for $1700, and though they are nice and compact and space saving, you can't play many games, and it is slow as hell. it takes a minute to open aim :( LOL

unles you have enough money to buy a G5 ($2500+), i really think people would prefer making their own or at least buying one from a retail which will probably be much better

but who knows, i might be wrong :)

Lots of games and general application programs. I'm sure Apple may carry equivalent software as compared to WIndows version, but it's hard to find and a hassle. I can go down to BestBuy or a local PC shop and grap anything off the shelf or go to Download.com and find a bunch of shareware for Windows. I do believe the Apple computer is a powerful machine because I always here how they can produce powerful animations on them or other graphic art stuff. I also believe that Window PCs can perform just as good too.

Software is limited on Mac based PCs. That's the primary reason. I used Macintosh OS in high school and never got the knack for it. I hate their mouse design. I always perform the right click, but it's useless on a Mac. Orientation is completely different although I do find the Aqua interface quite neat.

Sometime, people are so use to using Windows that they forget about the Mac based systems (especially when they use Windows since they were a kid). Eventually, they become lifelong Window users instead of Mac.

i dun like macs cuz i like 2 moust buttons, i like playing games, i dun much care about vid editing, i do it rarely when i take my car out racing, plus its prolly u mac bastards that are givin us all viruses

Back
Top Bottom