Best AMD Processor? Not for ppl who like Intel!!!

Just proving a point that Opterons are much better then their Athlon counterparts. They are in different classes though. Opterons are used for servers and scientific workstations where massive amounts of data need to be sent and processed quickly.

yessss, now I agree with u 100% thats all i was trying to say as well, I would'nt stick one of those into my $1000 budget gaming pc, id probly stick in a xp 3000 or 3200. Now your right Opterons are better, (which i now can clearly see thanks to our little debate), but like u said there in a diffrent class.

but good job on proving your point, you didnt let it go at all.

No, I tend never to do that. Thx for debating nicely with me! :D That was fun. I am AMD ZEN, anything that has to do with AMD I know. If you ever have a question, PM me or post it.

BTW, why an XP? They suck. Semprons beat them... LMAO!!! The Athlon64 3000+ or 3200+ are budget processors. The Sempron 2600+ beats the AthlonXP 3000+ in many tests. And the Sempron 3100+ SLAUGHTERS the AthlonXP 3200+ Barton Core 400MHz FSB.

Im a fan of intel... but my favorite Amd chip has to be the XP but now that i know the Sempron beats it why waste my money on an Xp.

yeah screw it ur right i was looking for about an hour for the benchmarks where xp would win, not really any, but it was always right behind the sempron. lol

neways my names chris in the real world, thanks for the info. hope to do it again. lol

lol, ya 3200+ a64's are only like 230 on newegg, and if u go at the rite time they right at 200

For building budget PCs, they're not bad. I would go with the XPs too if money was a huge issue. They perform well in all applications. Especially when building PC for someone else who is too cheap to buy anything.

AMD ZEN said:
The reason the Opterons are more $$$$ then the Athlon64's is simple. They are more powerful, run cooler, use ECC RAM, and have some unique abilities such as 31watt operation. Opterons OWN ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's because you can afford them! You rich anus!

Back
Top Bottom