Troubleshooting the Asus A8N-SLI mobo

AmishRebel

Baseband Member
Ok I got all my parts in and assembled my computer. Everything is plugged up I checked and double checked. First off when I turn it on all the lights light up green (good to go) but I get no display on my moniter. I only have one GPU in there currently and I set the jumper card to a single GPU setting. The hard drive I stuck in there is already formatted with a copy of windows xp and some other stuff on it but i didnt think that would matter. The only thing that would seem to matter to me would be the fact that it has drivers for an ATI card and I'm now using an nvidia card. The other possibility is its a 24 pin mobo and im only using a 20 pin connector from the psu but it did power up and all the lights came on. Does anybody know why I cant get a display??? Please help me!!!!!!!! :confused:

............... Wow............ ASUS sucks.... see what I mean? Ok, I had the same exact board. Near the top of the board you will see a small square 4pin PSU connector. Take the additional 12v rail wire from your PSU and plug it it. Then, take a standard 4pin rectangular connector and put it in the easy plug, which is located on the Motherboard near the GPU. Then give it a try. Also, resit the GPU and try again. Then, make sure that the jumper EZSelector is pushed all the way in. Then u should be good to go!

still no luck

I've done everything... still no luck. I even uninstalled the old gpu drivers on the hard drive with another computer then stuck it back in. Does anybody have a clue whats goin on? :(

The MOBO is probably bad just like mine was.... Call up ASUS, they will probably put you on hold for 1 hr or 3 hrs, but eventually you will be able to talk to someone.

Back
Top Bottom