Gallery: Graphics Cards

Re: Gallary: Graphics Cards

The PSP is neat, but really isn't unique in ANY way at all. Nintendo has a BIG TRICK up their sleeve. We shall see what it really is at E3!

AMD ZEN said:
Tha three processor theory is a load of bullcrap!!! It will have two P4s that run at 3.5GHzand 400MHz P3 for texture support and additional support no tincluded in programming though. respectivley. They learned this trick from the DS's dual processor setup, with one 167MHz processor and one 67MHz processor. Microsoft isn't inventive either. Revolution is going to change things again. Nintendo invented the way we play consoles today, and they can change it at a whim again. They are going to bitch slap SOny and Microsoft.
Haha, yeah :D You're right. It will be 4 Processors in a Dual-Cored Pentium. Again; I direct you to the CNet Story I showed you in a post a little earlier: here.

Lol; I will enjoy the day that happens. Sony, and certainly Microsoft; can throw Billions into Research for the Consoles they bring out, and make losses for years on them if need be. No bitch slapping will be required; because I heard the same of GameCube from people who thought it would be brilliant, great, and all manor of other things. How many GameCubes were sold? How many XBoxes were sold in a shorter period of time? How many Playstation2s were sold in the same time?

AMD ZEN said:
The Revolution will use 64bit.... and games will be made in 64bit. It will beat a 7GHz P4, and three of them at that speed you morons!

64bitx1.8GHz x 2=230400000000 bits per second.

32bit x 3.5GHz x (2 lets say, three is impossible)= 224000000000 bit per second.
The Xenon will use 64-bit, the PS3 will use 64-bit. Its not rocket science. Of course they will; telling us things that are obvious is not a talent. Two 3.5Ghz Cores do not produce a 7Ghz Processor, lets not be being silly. However, even if you can't do the maths bits per second are not counted like that; bits per second is a transfer rate. Eitherway - the Xenon will do that with 1.8 replaced with 3.5, which is more anyway, and they thread that twice.

AMD ZEN said:
Oh wow..... 1.8GHz duals SLAUGHTER the dual 3.5GHs. The Xenon won't have 3 processors!! That is silly talk. First of all, that doesn't work. Processor have to be kept in even numbers for correct BINARY to go through. If they are not, the one processor can process and odd code and screw up the whole setup. Learn more about Computers before you talk! Don't shoot off your mouths about 3 processors. IT DOES NOT WORK! Why are Opterons not in 3's? THEY ARE IN DUALS AND QUADS!! NOT TRI's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over yourselves. Also, the Xenon will only have 128MB RAM. It will be 1T RAM, thank god, with a CAS of 4ns. Nintendo will be unique, and use 512MB 1T RAM with CAS 2.5ns. It will be able to connect to a PC monitor, and it will have a unique OS on it. It will be a computer if you want it to be, able to surf the net as well. It is NOT A PC. Microsoft and Sony are just mimics! They took the NES and copied its basic design, and haven't bothered to change it. Ninteno is going to overhaul stuff again, and then Microsoft and Sony will copy them again. They are like viruses!
Have you seen this happen? We have not seen 1.8Ghz Duals against 3.5Ghz Duals; although we have all seen that even an AMD64 at 1.8Ghz will not beat a Pentium 4 HT 3.5Ghz in any tests. So forgive me for being presumptuous but it would seem the 3.5 will be better.

Lol; you are a funny thing :D In essense, 12 Threads can be pushed with the Xenon's Core of Tri-Processors, that's why nothing goes wrong because they're all Dual-Cores. You may find this fills you with superior knowledge of the Xenon. 512Meg Samsung GDDR2 RAM for RAM if that also helps you. Do you have sources on your 128Meg Theorum?

Haha, it will certainly be unique... it will be useless. Of course they are... which is why the Nintendo is going to surf the web? Why the Nintendo will play music undoubtedly? Play DVDs? I'm sure I'll work out when Nintendo did this before Playstation or XBox...

AMD ZEN said:
Lord K, r u retarded? HVD disks are superior to BluRay? HAHAHAHHAH!! 9.6GBs compared to 56GBs.... wow, that was a dumb statement. With BluRay, Nintendo can use 24bit sound to make a 7.1 THX2 Code to use, which uses 5.8GBs by iteself. No surround sound for "Xenon" huh? Oh too bad! :( AHAAH!!
Haha, 9.8GBs isn't a Blu-Ray Disc! 9.8Gigs is a Dual Layer DVD, that's not progress. I think you'll find, although I don't know Blu-Ray Specs, that HVDs will have 1Terabyte of Space, which I think the details show as most of the Simpsons on a DVD; here. This is however more direct and more in the nearer future, a year or so into the future. A little more for HVDs; here shows 30Gigs for Blu-Ray, and 50Gigs for HVD.

Yeah, it was :D 9.8Gigs for Blu-Ray... where do you get this information? Haha, 20Gigs extra to use Surround Sound. And I seriously doubt Xenon will not release with HVD. Its come far enough, and it not being available for general public copying of purchase will just help Microsoft - they can still make them at Microsoft and run them on the Xenon.

AMD ZEN said:
Oh, you think those were cut scenes? Go play the game buddy, they aren't! Resident Evil 4 has the BEST console graphics in the world, and it is on the GAMECUBE!! Why? Only the Cube can handle the textures and dynamic lighting! XBOX sucks, and so will XBOX 2!!! Microsoft sucks! They should not have put their big heads where they didn't belong! FOOLS! Nintendo is pissed, and they will crush them! We will see at E3 won't we. When Nintendo reveals the Revolution, that will be unique and different, and perk peoples interests, we will SEE! When Microsoft releases their XBOX2 which is just ANOTHER SAME OLD PLUG AND PLAY CONSOLE, we will SEE! Yes Lord K, it is true..... face it, without Nintendo, you would have nothing!! They gave birth to consoles, and now they are going to eat their young (Sony and Microsoft) Ewww... that is going to hurt alot Microsoft.... And Sony, I hope this PS3 is different from all else.
Why would anybody play a game where the gameplay had no HUD? Or indeed in dispositionned Third-Person. Or a Face on Image of a charactor; that is no game-play. Even if it is, its superfluous Game Play.

Lol; I don't like Consoles :D Microsoft would still exists, Nintendo wouldn't in that situation. Games would exist and Sony would have Invented Consoles. Haha, Nintendo does not know what it is chewing on if it trys to eat Microsoft; they can make losses for years and years, Nintendo have to make a reasonable profit to be able to fund another Console all together. Again; Consoles aren't about Games purely, they're about other things that Nintendo have never done; and Sony are masters of one half of that, Microsoft are masters of the other half. Playstation, Playstation 2 and XBox should really show you Nintendo don't have the money for another big release without this coming up with a Royal Flush. Which isn't going to happen with Playstation's Dominance and Microsoft's growing appeal.

And what about the Xenon's Controller? Or PS3s?? Not inventive. Motion and tilt-sensing gyroscopes will be used in the controllers on Revolution. They will not come wireless as standard but the Revolution will have four pad ports like GameCube.

Oh, and this is interesting.... Revolution 20 Pixel Pipelines.... better then x850XT PE, and Xenon, and measly 10..... CMON LK, that proves my point right there. Even if by some miracle the Xenon does have more CPU power, it will lack the graphical power to stomp the Revolution. Now that Cell Processor on the PS3 will be FING SWEET! I am really thinking about a PS3 now. The Cell is going to run at 4-4.6GHz and will be a 9 core CPU.... Ha, dual core.... that is a joke. Nona core will PWN... Although, that will require some interesting Binary coding to process with an odd number. They must have found a way around it.

Don't you see? Even if Revolution fails in sheer power, it will have a unique new twist which will please everyone, and the number of games to be released will be HUGE! Nintendo is getting publishers on a tight rope this time, and will not let them go. They gave birth to consoles and basically video games in general, and now they are going to give birth to the savior of the evil spawned by Nintendo's early children SOny and Microsoft. Mother eating its young... Classic!

I really like how LK just turns a blind eye to the facts... and future Intels will suffer massive efficiency problems...

"We have not seen 1.8Ghz Duals against 3.5Ghz Duals; although we have all seen that even an AMD64 at 1.8Ghz will not beat a Pentium 4 HT 3.5Ghz in any tests."

WE have seen that a AMD 64 at 1.8GHz (that's the AMD 64 3000 I believe).... beats a P4 3.2GHz. You aren't making fair comparsions. You are comparing the budget AMD 64 with one of the higher range Intel's. What we do see for a fact is the better AMD 64s (like 3400s, 3500s, and 4000s) just utterly slaughter the Intel P4 HT (and the EE variants) in nearly all of the tests.

alvino said:
Yeah, but PC's have multitasking capabilities. Console can only play games (with the exception of the Xbox, which can play MP3 in the main menu). PC's can surf the net. :) But, consoles are a cheap way of playing the newest games.
uhhhh ps2 plays dvd's and so does xbox, but for the x box u gotta spend an extra 50 bux for the remote control which is gay, im pretty sure my ps2 plays mp3 ill test it in a little while :) and ps2 kicks ass, have yall played ffx or ffx2, that game has better gfx than halo/halo2 and its almost like ur playing teh cutscene :)
oh, and the only reason x box or gamecube would be any better than teh ps2 would be , x box, isnt really much better, game cube, had 2 years to Fing think about wtf to do with their console AFTER the release of ps2 and x box, gamecube should be better than it is for the amount of time they had for planning

AMD ZEN said:
And what about the Xenon's Controller? Or PS3s?? Not inventive. Motion and tilt-sensing gyroscopes will be used in the controllers on Revolution. They will not come wireless as standard but the Revolution will have four pad ports like GameCube.
I have yet to see any Controller information; so I would not know about Controllers. That and the fact the last time I played a Console was a few months ago for a few minutes :D I don't know anything about Controller Design. It would appear you are cutting out most things I say and not countering them... does that mean you are agreeing without agreeing to make it look as if you're right? Not very honourable at all AMD Zen... tut tut tut. Of course, if its not right, you should counter it.

AMD ZEN said:
Oh, and this is interesting.... Revolution 20 Pixel Pipelines.... better then x850XT PE, and Xenon, and measly 10..... CMON LK, that proves my point right there. Even if by some miracle the Xenon does have more CPU power, it will lack the graphical power to stomp the Revolution. Now that Cell Processor on the PS3 will be FING SWEET! I am really thinking about a PS3 now. The Cell is going to run at 4-4.6GHz and will be a 9 core CPU.... Ha, dual core.... that is a joke. Nona core will PWN... Although, that will require some interesting Binary coding to process with an odd number. They must have found a way around it.
Not really, as again in the afforementioned Xenon Specs Site says:
'ATI Processor similar to upcoming R500.
Clocking in at 500MHz+
Up to 512MB Samsung GDDR2 SDRAM running at 1600MHz.
HDTV support for resolutions up to 1920x1080.
DirectX 10 Support.
~300 Million Transistors on VPU.
Vertex & Pixel Shaders 3.0'
Now don't ask me what this R500 is, but its not an X800; its an upcoming Processor. Which generally means its better than anything released at the moment. If the Nintendo is based on something at the moment, being released more than a year down the line... there are going to be problems whether you have 20 Pipelines, 10 or 503. The R500 is discussed here if you're interested in it.

They probably have, and respect to them for it it does look like a seriously fine Processor. However it would appear the Nintendo will have a Dual-Core, the PS3 will have a Nona-Core, the Xenon will have a Dodeca-Core if we want to get into Polygon Naming Schemes. As you should have read in the Xenon Specs Site. The Cell processor is amazingly ingenious; and I'm sure it will make up for the lack of Cores; the Nintendo Processor however is just a run of the mill AMD Processor and while yes the AMD Processors are good they are nothing against these serious processors being made by Sony and Microsoft and IBM for the next generation Consoles. Its a Dell vs. Custom style set up and however good you think the AMD is there is no comparison for the custom processors being rolled out for the Playstation 3 and Xenon.

AMD ZEN said:
Don't you see? Even if Revolution fails in sheer power, it will have a unique new twist which will please everyone, and the number of games to be released will be HUGE! Nintendo is getting publishers on a tight rope this time, and will not let them go. They gave birth to consoles and basically video games in general, and now they are going to give birth to the savior of the evil spawned by Nintendo's early children SOny and Microsoft. Mother eating its young... Classic!
Nintendo are nothing to do with Microsoft or Sony! :D You mean the children Playstation and XBox? Nintendo will get Japanese people on a tight-rope. Microsoft Games Studios and Electronic Arts and EA Games already walk closely with Microsoft. And no Game Manufacturer is going to turn down Sony, even if they do turn down Microsoft which they won't either, purely for Nintendo. Maybe that stupid Japanese Cap Game Company but nobody else. Sony is too big a Market for them to risk that; Microsoft is too big a Market to risk that. Sales on XBox Games are higher than Nintendo Games, Sales on Playstation Games are 5 times that of XBox games, 10+ times that of Nintendo Games.

Its just not going to happen.

Giancarlo said:
I really like how LK just turns a blind eye to the facts... and future Intels will suffer massive efficiency problems...

"We have not seen 1.8Ghz Duals against 3.5Ghz Duals; although we have all seen that even an AMD64 at 1.8Ghz will not beat a Pentium 4 HT 3.5Ghz in any tests."

WE have seen that a AMD 64 at 1.8GHz (that's the AMD 64 3000 I believe).... beats a P4 3.2GHz. You aren't making fair comparsions. You are comparing the budget AMD 64 with one of the higher range Intel's. What we do see for a fact is the better AMD 64s (like 3400s, 3500s, and 4000s) just utterly slaughter the Intel P4 HT (and the EE variants) in nearly all of the tests.
I am, lol, I'm not doing an AMD/Intel thing I'm comparing two Processors in two Games Consoles.

AMD ZEN said:
It does look like an intriguing Processor to say the least! Even if it is Sony. IBM seem to have their hands in everybody's Pockets!

the sony p2p is going to be amazing..im buying it as soon as i comes out..and the PS3! SCREW XBOX!

Screw XBOX2!! It will be released 1 Year earlier, and thus, its technology will suck compared to PS3 (I am liking it the more I read about it) and the Revolution. Oh, Lord K, WTF is wrong with you? I never said AMD was making the chips for Revolution. It is IBM using their dual core G5 processors most likely. Who knows, Nintendo may still change to the IBM processor known as the G6 (Quad Core Low Voltage), Nintendo is smart for not releasing barely any info on the Revolution at all. This will bewilder Microsoft and Sony, and scare them shitless making them nervous about the Revolutions power. Umm... The R500 is the new ATi x800 XL card LK... Where are you? You know nothing about ATi, since you are an nVidia fanboy. Your feelings toward Microsoft betray you.... Sony and Nintendo are going to put them back where they belong, out of consoles and back to Windows. Those idiots at MS were dumb to anger the TWO largest gaming companies in the world. Nintendo has a massive bank account! You think they are weak and feeble, and POOR??? AHAHHA!! The NES and SNES built them so large, nothing can phase them. The DS sold many many units, and I think that it was just a scheme to get even more money to make Revolution just that much better.

Nintendo's partners are IBM, ATi, NEC, and Micron. YOu cannot beat that combination Lord K, and sure as Hell not with Intel on the team. Those screw up will make everything bad, no matter what they do. Maybe if Intel actaully made efficient processors, we would be somewhere with them today. The Xenon could have 50 Processors, but they will have 400 pipelines on each processor!!! AHAHAHHA!! LMAO!! LMAO!!! Intel are DUMBASSES!! They cannot hope to beat IBM or AMD!

Back
Top Bottom