AMD vs Intel vs Apple (NO FLAMING!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
heehee

i like G5 and AMD but since AMD has so many votes, i thought i'd throw mine in with the mac pool.

AMD ZEN said:
Lord K, HT WILL BE DROPPED. Either that, or Intel will have to reengineer the ENTIRE SYSTEM to work properly! HT uses a single incoming thread command line and mutlithreads it. This is why HT is a good technology. BUt, with dual processors, the Threads will be coming in far too fast to be multithreaded without risking EXTREMELY HIGH LATENCY!
I think you will find; if you read CNet's Story on the Subject, that:

'Intel says its first dual-core chip will be an Intel Pentium Processor Extreme Edition designed to power desktops for PC enthusiasts such as game players and those who work with multimedia such as music and video.

Extreme Edition will offer Intel's HT Technology, otherwise known as hyperthreading, allowing it to simultaneously process four threads, or streams, of data (two threads per core), an Intel representative said. Given its advertised performance, the Extreme Edition will likely come in systems that inhabit the upper reaches of the desktop PC market, such as Dell's Dimension XPS. Dell said Monday that it would offer dual-core chips from Intel in Dell-brand desktops.'

And the story goes on. I highly recommend you read it all but that bit is all that really matters.

Haha, more like the Mac Puddle :D A Puddle of Spit :D

HAHAH! Dell uses it! OMG, well that just proves it EXTREME suckiness. When AMD releases benchmarks on the dual core Toledo, Intel will want to go hide under a rock for the rest of their miserable exsistance. Morons... And when AMD releases the HyperScalar Egypt core for the next dual core Opterons that will be 8 way (total 16way) Intel will want to bury themselves 6 feet under, since NOTHING they make will come 50% near the Egypt's Benchmarks. PROVE ME WRONG, but HyperScaling is UNBEATABLE!

AMD ZEN said:
HAHAH! Dell uses it! OMG, well that just proves it EXTREME suckiness. When AMD releases benchmarks on the dual core Toledo, Intel will want to go hide under a rock for the rest of their miserable exsistance. Morons... And when AMD releases the HyperScalar Egypt core for the next dual core Opterons that will be 8 way (total 16way) Intel will want to bury themselves 6 feet under, since NOTHING they make will come 50% near the Egypt's Benchmarks. PROVE ME WRONG, but HyperScaling is UNBEATABLE!
Haha, Dell have said they will use it. That is neither a Bad thing or a good thing; its a good thing for Intel, because they'll get more customers. Eitherway its an obvious thing to happen; we all could have said Dell will release a PC based on it. Toledo has yet to show Benchmarks, VIIV has yet to release Benchmarks; it would appear however its already got your defences up and joking about it without even showing Benchmarks; because you know Programming will not stand in the way of HT as it has before, because when Dual Core Programming is widely available on Games and Programs Quad-Core useage is simple.

Oh yey! :D Haha, Hyperscalar! It sounds hyper, and scalar. Lol; Itanium2 already has 16-, 32-way Processors in Single Form. You seriously believe Dual-Core Itanium3s will not be released for that high-end range of Servers AMD has yet to even get in on? I shall have to thank god for the Solid State Conference being on just before this; as I have many Processor Resources to prove you wrong with. For instance: Itanium Information Which lays out Itanium plans; and if the Opteron has yet to beat the Itanium2 in High-End Server Markets I doubt the Egypt will do a great deal better. Egypt afterall; was a great Empire but now is a useless country full of camels with lots of nice history.

lol, the dell XPS isnt that bad a comp, i dunno y everyone rags dell, they make good systems, of course, not as good as "built by YOU" but none the less, the best company out there, their XPS is actually a very good gaming comp too

The XPS are brilliant Computers, and cheap by comparison. I don't doubt for a second that Alienware will not put the VIIV into their PCs too.

I have to agree with Trance.. dell really isn't that bad. It isn't good, or great. I give it like a C- rating. Alienware on the other hand gets an A. Gateway for example gets a B-, based on my experience with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom