More RAM...

Jamie_100

In Runtime
At the min ive only got 256mb RAM, if i got a nuver 256 (corsair or kingston or summat) how much difference wud it actually make (i know it will obviously make a difference), cos its like 25 quid and i dont know whether itll make much difference, i got a pentium 4 2.66ghxz cpu. can somebody help me out...LOL

-Jamie-

more ram will make a big difference especially if your running a lot of services, if you do a lot of gaming I would put in a gig of ram if you just surf the net and listen to music put in another 512

make it 512 by adding another 256MB of the exact same ram, or replace the 256MB with two 512MB for 1GB. Whatever you decide, Private Message me, and Ill send you my recommendation for RAM.

My computer only had 256 in and my games were loading so slowly...When I got another stick of 512 my computer it ran like a beast. Im going to get another stick soon....

yeah same i had 256 mb and i installed windows xp which takes up like 128 alone ive been told and my computer ran so slow. i replaced it with 2 512mb sticks and the idfference was night and day

my old laptop that i have had for about 4 years had 112mb of ram(or something like that - it doesnt work now!!), when i took it into the shop for it to be looked at the gut actually laughed when he say how bad it was!! i have 512 now and it makes so much difference, it starts up within 10 minuites now!!

If you don't do much gamming or extreamly memory hungry apps, I'd say 512M and disable V-Mem. My comp runs much better like this, but now many of my games require even MORE RAM!

I still run 256M in my video and laptop. Both of them do pretty well, but the software I run isn't killer...

i remember reading (i think it was on crucial.com) that upgrading from 256 to 512 gave a 56% increase in performance?

it was some figure about that, prety impressive anyway. make sure the ram you get is same speed as you've already got:D

Back
Top Bottom