The fall of Microsoft?

whatever everyone, whatever. fine, go have a hard time usign linux and have all day to do a few simple things. go right on ahaead and have your kernal panick when u change one lil thing in it.

go ahead and not ahve any app u want to work. its fine with me

:p

Tulsileaf said:
lots of operating systems are like that. the famous blue screen of death. *shudder* i've seen it with xp.
Lol; I'm not sure what this Blue Screen of Death is. I have only experience such a thing in Windows 3.1 and even then only once and for a few minutes. The Blue Screen of death no longer exists.

Tulsileaf said:
make a script then.
How many people can make a script to do that? Most people don't enjoy typing things they need to type - that's what the GUI is for. If you want to type you'd use MSDOS.

Tulsileaf said:
i agree but no one has time for any maintainance. thats why we hire custodians to clean up the hallways. we hire system administrators to maintain the network. the fact that there exists companies that use linux smoothly shows that there are businesses that can manage with linux.
Yeah; but at what price? Red Hat alone is more expensive than Windows Server 2003; and that's shelf price not even including those things.

Tulsileaf said:
i have no idea what the hell you are talkiing about here.
She said no central point of Administration for a Large Number of Desktops :D Lol; Microsoft Server 2003, Sharepoint Server and Biztalk Server all do these things naturally and from the shelf with no extra anything. Windows XP Pro works in with it seemlessly and some of the things Office 2003 can do in a System with Sharepoint and Biztalk are damn useful for a company where unlike in the world of Linux time is money.

Tulsileaf said:
then set them up properly. as it is, do not blame the os for faulty software. do you curse windows for the deficiencies of word?
No; because there are none. If there are you tell them about it. She was talking about Linux not working - Linux is the software that's faulty in that case hence that is what is to blame for the problem.

Tulsileaf said:
get some rest then come back and tell us.
Why not present some examples of Linux being better yourself then? :D I find while browsing the Web the biggest sites you'll find are Windows Server Sites; Microsoft.com, MSN.com, Hotmail.com, other subsiduaries, CNet.com, Amazon.com... if Windows Server wasn't better, except in the case of Microsoft Sites, would they not use Linux? Anyway; Windows Server growth is in double figures - if it was getting worse Linux would be getting this growth. I'm not sure what the growth for Linux is but I'm sure its not as high as Microsoft - as Server System Demand hasn't grown that much.

Lord Kalthorn said:
How many people can make a script to do that? Most people don't enjoy typing things they need to type - that's what the GUI is for. If you want to type you'd use MSDOS.
What GUI are you refering to, a wizard? We still need to enter configurations and whether we use a gui or command line it takes time. Many companies and organizations have a tech staff that can deal with these things.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Red Hat alone is more expensive than Windows Server 2003; and that's shelf price not even including those things.
windows is server 2003 is over $1000 more where i live.

Lord Kalthorn said:
She said no central point of Administration for a Large Number of Desktops :D Lol; Microsoft Server 2003, Sharepoint Server and Biztalk Server all do these things naturally and from the shelf with no extra anything. Windows XP Pro works in with it seemlessly and some of the things Office 2003 can do in a System with Sharepoint and Biztalk are damn useful for a company where unlike in the world of Linux time is money.
Of course they'll work together, these are all Microsoft products! i'm sure redhat and suse work with them across a network. biztalk looks real nice though....

Lord Kalthorn said:
No; because there are none. If there are you tell them about it. She was talking about Linux not working - Linux is the software that's faulty in that case hence that is what is to blame for the problem.
The apps to which i think she is referring are not linux. In which case it is the apps, and not the OS that are faulty.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Why not present some examples of Linux being better yourself then? :D I find while browsing the Web the biggest sites you'll find are Windows Server Sites; Microsoft.com, MSN.com, Hotmail.com, other subsiduaries, CNet.com, Amazon.com... if Windows Server wasn't better, except in the case of Microsoft Sites, would they not use Linux? Anyway; Windows Server growth is in double figures - if it was getting worse Linux would be getting this growth. I'm not sure what the growth for Linux is but I'm sure its not as high as Microsoft - as Server System Demand hasn't grown that much.
i never said i was better and i'm sorry if i came across that way. have you ever noticed that i suck at communication? i do, you can see it right here.

the U.S. army uses linux, IBM uses linux. Google uses Linux (I've heard they're making their own os).

Tulsileaf said:
What GUI are you refering to, a wizard? We still need to enter configurations and whether we use a gui or command line it takes time. Many companies and organizations have a tech staff that can deal with these things.
Most companies however don't. Especially anything less than Enterprise Companies.

Tulsileaf said:
windows is server 2003 is over $1000 more where i live.
How much is this again: Red Hat is it $2,500 or is that just my sight? Lol :D Nah, of course it goes up to $2,500, and I don't know enough about Servers to work out the need for different pricing however; I know Windows Server, the one you quoted, will cover anything up to that Red Hat $2,500 version. Windows Server Web Edition is also a cheaper alternative for smaller versions. Eitherway; the price difference is tiny, even without the extra programmers even you said you'd need to Linux. Windows would do all this itself.

Tulsileaf said:
Of course they'll work together, these are all Microsoft products! i'm sure redhat and suse work with them across a network. biztalk looks real nice though....
They probably would; but the point is Sharepoint and Biztalk are great products, and while working with Linux through whatever dodgey patches Windows Server 2003 makes it what it is known for. There are advantages of working with one company for all Software. Microsoft show that in their Company - the biggest company in the World using one form of software for everything. Hundreds of Thousands of PCs on a Trans-Continental Network, all Working. Its a good advert is it not?

Tulsileaf said:
The apps to which i think she is referring are not linux. In which case it is the apps, and not the OS that are faulty.
Maybe, but again - Windows would have them working.

Tulsileaf said:
i never said i was better and i'm sorry if i came across that way. have you ever noticed that i suck at communication? i do, you can see it right here.
Haha, I didn't think you did; few people here come over as superior, but yeah. Examples are always useful :D I thought while we were waiting for FXs you could do some :D

Tulsileaf said:
the U.S. army uses linux, IBM uses linux. Google uses Linux (I've heard they're making their own os).
And here they are! :D

The US Army... lets not go there :D IBM are dying and Google... well Google... google google google. They're using it because their search needs Operating Systems they can program specifically to do exactly what they want it to do. Google's Linux Operating Systems, as you said at the end, are hardly whatever form of Linux they were downloaded as anymore. They just have the Kernal, probably not even the same Kernal anymore.

The US Army uses linux? I'm sorry but I've been on plenty of US military bases to know that just isn't the case...

The US military doesn't use any major OS... they use their own developed version I believe. Especially the operating systems on AEGIS destroyers... those boats are just totally full of high technology. They use a form of system that is far more efficient then anything provided for civilians (whether it be Windows, Linux or what-not).

Oh, and Giancarlo, I am a citizen of Germany..... The KSK is very elite, and they perform HALO parachutte deep recon missions.... So don't say they suck.... 2 KSKs could wipe out a squad of SEALs anyday.

I thought you were American? The KSK is not very elite, they got trained by the US Spec Ops in that case. 2 KSKs could wipe out a squad of SEALs anyday? That's one of the most incompetent, biased statements I have heard of yet in here. The German military has been severely cut back under the rule of Gerhard Schreoder. It was more of a shining star... the West German military that is during the cold war. But that's no longer the case. The German military and special forces for that matter is stuck using a late 1970s/early 1980s doctrine.

Back
Top Bottom