CD Drive Prob

sono

Baseband Member
Well, I've had this problem for a while. Whenever I load a CD in the drive, it comes up as empty in My Computer. It doesn't recognize anything unless I reboot the computer. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing will work. I've uninstalled and installed several times. This is becoming a real problem because I cannot install multi-disk games. Please help...

could be a problem with the drive its self, you need to check the connections plugged into the moterboard and the drive.

try updating the firmware of your cd drive too, go the the manufacturers website and get the latest firmware

Thanks, but it's still messed up. I think it's a windows problem. I realized that all of my drives have the same problem... HP DVD Writer 200j, LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163, and my floppy...

Have you tried uninstalling the cdrom, dvdrom and floppy software wise by removing them using the device manager (uninstall): remove the three before stopping your PC.
Then take the power off your PC and disconnect the 3 drives and restart windows. Do a scandisk for your hard disk and check for errors.
Power down your PC and hook your devices back, windows should re-install your drives, and hopefully in a manner that they will work.....the problem look like an IRQ sharing conflict.

I just tried that, and I still have the same problem. I've also been screwed over because I am unable to reformat, as I did not receive the Windows XP software with my computer.

Back
Top Bottom