Motherboard

craziness1621

Baseband Member
Well i recently bought a motherboard from Tigerdirect.com. Its a Chaintech CT-7NJL6, but i am having a few problems with it. When i hook it up it doesn't want to seem to run. I went over the connectors and everything is hooked up properly, but still nothing. I have a 350 watt power suply that i just bought but it doesn't seem to work with it. So i tried a 300 and it blew it up (the power supply) so i dropped back to a 250 Watt and still it doesn't work. I have noticed that sometimes if u hold up on the 20 pin connector that the fans will start running wit the 200W but nothing wit the 350W. What could be the problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your time.

This Chaintech is made in a European country and they don't have the same electrical standards there as we have here. Since you have a problem with the electricity, check in your manuals if there is not a jumper setting for different power supply, and what is recommended. I do not think a new motherboard would run on a 200W power supply; you would end up lacking power as you plug in more devices.

I looked in the manual for jumper settings and i found nothing..any other suggestions? I know the board isn't trashed cuz this is the second one i got and both of them can't be...maybe im missng something?

Back
Top Bottom