Gallery: Graphics Cards

Re: Gallary: Graphics Cards

wat do u mean the way u do things, u nick stuff and sell it on, or do u sell urself on street corners?!?!?

AMD ZEN said:
Xenon is a noble gas in the periodic table that is used in enhancing and purifying light. Its spectral analysis reveals its unique qualities.
Haha, lol.
AMD ZEN said:
Actually Lord K, you are wrong here. First off, XBOX2 will use dual layer DVD while Revolution will use BluRay. BluRay is also going to be in the PS3. Revolution will have a 16-24 pipeline card, while XBOX2 will have only an 8-10. SIlly man, the more pipelines, the better. Revolution will have dual 64bit PowerG5@1.8GHz each processors made by IBM. Intel will be used in XBOX2, Microsoft's BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. XBOX2 will have 128MB RAM, Revolution will have 256-512MB. They will both have 20-40GB HDs. Revolution will be able to plug into computer monitors and TVs and be HD ready with highdef component cables and will have ONLY wireless controller. XBOX2, well, ummm, ok...... Microsoft is making their own GPU based on the 9800 from ATi? HAHAHHAHA!! Nintendo is partners with ATi and ATi is making a unique super GPU for Revolution.

XBOX2 will suck, PS3 and Revolution have BluRay, which already makes them 5000% better!
I know about Blu-Ray. I also know HVDs are also becoming a player in High-Density DVD Technology. Microsoft supports HVD, Sony supports Blu-Ray. In the end; which HVDs aren't going to be available for the launch of Xenon they will be available for mid-builds and I think we both know HVD will be what Halo 3 is on for the Xenon. With Microsoft's backing while Blu-Ray will have a year or so of dominance it won't do much, and HVD will have the support of 90%+ Computers around the world - its basic abilities being in Longhorn. HVD are also vastly superior to Blu-Ray Discs :D

I thought you were under the impression less pipelines are better? :D We've already had discussions about the G5... its not really worth saying that Dual G5s are going to be better then than they are now; and they're not good now. Xenon is having something in the realms of Dual 3.5s? 3.6s? Something like that. G5s have no chance if they can't beat 3.2s now. I have yet to see anything about the RAM in the Xenon but I doubt its 128Megs.

XBox runs at 2000 by 4000 now! That's not a great deal less than HD-TVs now. Oh yey! Wireless Controllers only... You're trust of Blu-Ray is seriously misplaced :D Its not a gaming thing, its a Capacity thing and that will not help Consoles without Games that take advantage of that space.
AMD ZEN said:
I have no idea what you are thinking, but XBOX2 will suck. Microsoft is dumb for releasing it this early and foolish for using Intel. They should have used AMD64's. Dumbies.

Also, if you think the XBOX is so great, lets see it do graphics like this!

http://www.capcom.com/re4/gui.html

or these for others to see!
And releasing with the G5 is a good idea? The Intel Processors do Power; the Dual Intel Processors will beat the AMD Duals anyway, so I'm not sure what you're talking about :D Every bloody screenshot on there is from a Cut Scene! Shrek did better graphics than that and was funny at the same time, its not hard. We play games for gameplay, not for lovely cut scenes.
AMD ZEN said:
I mean, the GameCube does textures 530% better then PS2 and 227% better then XBOX. Its 1MB onboard Texture LT Cache allows for that. And its 1T 8ns SD DDR RAM allows for much faster rendering of high texture and lighting counts. XBOX slaughters the Cube at 1-6 textures per texel, but move it up to 32-64 textures per texel, and the Cube holds at 13Million polys/sec while XBOX takes a nose dive down to 2Million. wOOt for Nintendo. They are not focused on sheer polys, they focused on the genius and power of Flippers Lighting and Texel Texture Mapping with z Buffering. The GameCube generates an enormous 10.4 GB/second (Peak) speeds. XBOX is somewhere in the neighboorhood of a measly 3.6GB/second.... Who wins this contest again? Oh, GameCube does. XBOX can't compete at all!
Yey! Shame all the GameCubes games are based on charactors who don't have texture; they're all cartoon charactors. Woot for Nintendo... you're a crackpot :D You get 32-64 textures per texel only in Tests; and maybe in the games of the future which the Xenon, PS3 and this Nintendo Console will live in. Not the XBox, PS2 and GamCube. Pumping Power into Graphics it is never going to use is not a good idea - even if it does have lovely cut scenes where they will be used.

Lol; again. Facts no game uses. The sales hold up for themselves; you're saying the GamCube is two, three times superior? - so by that presumption, considering Sales, the next one will have to be around sixty times better in everything to equal the sales of the Xenon, and a hundred and twenty to double sales. Nintendo has faced declining sales in most everything. Consoles aren't anymore about Mario, and crap cartoon charactors shooting lightning at each other. While that will always stay with Consoles they are about more, and things cut scenes cannot win for Nintedno - they are about Entertainment Systems. We saw this with the XBox; and to a lesser extent because Playstation 2 was released earlier the Playstation 2. They both to a certain extent did things that weren't to do with Gaming. Playing Music, Playing DVDs, and other things that Sony and Microsoft do well - Nintendo make nice hair, and good graphics on cut scenes.

ardy89 said:
Amd zen, u are wrong the xbox2 will also have 256 to 512 meg of memory. And it will be so much better than the revolution, the xbox 2 will 3 3.5ghz cpu's!!!!!! Beat that!!!!
Ah, lol, see.

alvino said:
Yeah, but PC's have multitasking capabilities. Console can only play games (with the exception of the Xbox, which can play MP3 in the main menu). PC's can surf the net. But, consoles are a cheap way of playing the newest games.
Xbox again showing its greatness - Xenon of course probably will surf the net; who knows. But with newer Longhorn based Windows Media Center Edition Technology in it; it will be interesting what Sony can bring up from its distinct lack of experience in the field. Nintendo... well... lol - they make nice cut scenes. So far that's all the appear to be able to do.

Ummm...yeah, I was kinda talking about the original Xbox, not the Xenon.

hehe :) so lk how did the debate about the p4 vs amd go? i remember u being called backstabbing or something lol

HOLY CRAP ok ya knwo what teh best gaming system is your pc, consoles are out ok. thier resolution isnt good cause standard tvs cant support more than 320x250 reolution. and ps2 and xbox look bad on big screen projection tvs with 720p and 1080i resolutions.

tvs cant even make it to 1024x768! so consoles have to downgrade teh resolution to match the tvs.

consoles are technically lower spec becuase tvs havent even caught up with consoles yet. tv resolution is low and they dotn handle much 3d stuff right and often interlace and dither.

thats another reason consoles suck is cause tv tech sucks.

plasmas will work fine for ps2 and xbox but you will see ltos of pixellation on both! lots! specially ps2! I played one of teh newest GTA games on it and it looked like crap.

heck it even had pixellation on finding nemo dvd and it looked icky.

they seriously need to get goiing on teh resolutions!!!

even plasmas for consoles not linked with dvi arent good in standard composite av mode.

thats why id rather game on a pc plus you dotn have the this game for this console that game for that console issue. since most games come out for pc anyway.

also pcs are much better at gaming then consoles and consoles are just there to sell and nothing more.

Yeah; if you want a serious Gaming Platform get that HP Dual Xeon Setup and the 3D Labs 512Meg Graphics Card for just over £2500 and do some serious gaming! :D

Back
Top Bottom