What was the first PC you got?

lol... dude i had an emahcine with windows 95, 15 gb hard drive, 64 megs of ram, 8 mg vid card, no lan, a 28.8 k dial up thing, 16 inch screen, and squat on itjust nothing but typing programs

I think I have you all beat...

Try an Atari 800 with 48k of ram. The 5 1/4 drives cost damn near as much as the console did. Try a 300 baud modem as an add on. I been around for a while...LOL

ohh man, MY first system was a windows 95, about a 5 gig hd, 64 or 32 mb ram, slow as crappp. after a little while

of course, i have the first edition of windows on another comp, the older ever. prob windows 3.0 or whatever. man, it was bad. i dont even kno what the specs are its sooooo old.

You know everyone bugs me that i went halfies on my current fx rig about 3 and a half months ago, bt i was running a Compaq from 1995 up til that point, and it was the family computer.....it had like a 550mhz processor, 128meg ram, 10gig hdd, a 16mb grphx card, i mean its a sick rig............that what i had to put up with, while my dad was running a Brand new p4 system at his house for "work"

Well my 1st piece of crap, was running win 95, don't remember how much ram, but only had a 500mb hhd.

Well I started this thread and I must say that when I was taking engineering at university, I learned FORTRAN, GWBasic, PASCAL and the programming was done on cards that were keypunched. The computer was so big that it took a whole room the size of an ordinary classroom.
Today, this same computer could probably fit in a briefcase; even a palm PC!
Yes dinosaures did exist.

1991. WIndows 3.1 some reallllllly bitch ass system that was a HP. And then the cmos battery died and they couldnt replace them those days haha...

Back
Top Bottom