Do I need SP2???

Merlin222

Beta member
Just bought a new PC for Xmas with XP already loaded. How do i know if it already has the SP2 updates incorporated or not? I have a CD ready to load but i dont want to if it already has the SP2 stuff included.

Thanks,

Paddy

Just right click on the My Computer icon, choose properties, choose the general tab. It'll tell you what service pack your running.

SP2 is rubbish

It came ith my new pc, but it is very odd. Depending on your computer, it'll either install fine, totally f**k it up or just be a little annoying, but usually it installs fine.

it totally destroyed windows on my teachers comp, he installed it and then it would not start up or anything, he reinstalled windows and sp2 and then it worked fine, strange!

Simply go to the wndows update site, and do a custom search. If it offers you SP2 then you don't have it.
You can also go into add/remove programs and click on windows components.
If you have a registered "legal" XP copy go for SP2, but if you have a borrowed, copied or cloned version, stay away from service pack 2 cause your gona have problems. Gates (the Pirate) with his SP2 wants to end piracy of his software!

Back
Top Bottom