Overclocking my Videocard

i would suggest getting a fan for ur pci slot right below your video card they only cost around 5$ (you can also get the more expensive ones) and they bring ur card temp down a few degrees.

check to see if the core is touching the cooler.

That is alarmingly high. Due to the 90nm architecture of the core, the heat release should be lower than the 6800 series. I get 60 on full load.

You should be getting sub 55 on full load. Make sure cooler is touching the core, or put some ceramique or AS5 on it. If that doesn't do it, RMA the sucker.

I have replaced the thermal compound and it appers the core is not quite touching the HS. BUT it looks like it is designed that way since the thing stoping it from fully contacting is 4 rubbery balls attached to the heatsink.

I talk to some people and they say maxing at 75 is about average since the card is rated for 140C tops. It also says the warning will start at 145C in the software that comes with the card.

So, do you guys think i'm fine?

Yea i think it should be fine after all it is a pretty top end class GPU but if it can reach 140C then you can use your computer as an oven :D

So, no need to worry.

Oh where is AMD Zen when you need his thoughts. He did have this card afterall.

Off Topic: I just got my Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse and its awesome. I highly suggest this to anyone looking for a new mouse.

Back
Top Bottom