The fall of Microsoft?

eww after using DVD's i would never go back...dvd's are so much clearer and non of that stupid tracking crap

I have a big screen tv thats old so it has no component video or s-video so i have RCAs and COAX connecting everything. I have the dvdplayer on rca and the vhs on coax and since the entire tuner board started to go everything is fuzzy... i have not yet seen the crispness of DVD video.

yup same here...if you see commercials on the t.v i havent seen any lately that are VHS also. the big man is almost forcing you to buy a dvd player. although that isnt so bad because of the fact that ni canadian dollars one around here can go as low as $49.99 and on sale they are like $29.99

Haha; The Big Man? People are forcing you to buy DVDs; they're basically cheaper for the content you get they last longer have better quality films and short of Disney Films not yet Mastered there are more things on DVD than Video. You can get DVD Recorders for your TV; there is no use for Video anymore.

Athalon, I still stand firm on my opinion that you don't know enough about linux, because a Linux Firewall cannot be easily destroyed. It's far better then a Windows Firewall.

kalthorn, stop telling people to not use Linux. You don't know Linux. You've only used 1 or 2 distros, and frankly, I didn't like either of them either. I'm sure you've never used the ones that are accualy good. So please just stop telling lies.

Money man, I made a tutorial on installing linux, but it was moved to the Operating System section. It's stickied though

OK, first and foremost, I am impressed at the action in this thread.

Secondly, If you have never used linux PLEASE for GODS SAKE dont post here. You will only be 'dissed' by someone else (lets face facts here. just look at the entire thread:p)

Thirdly, please go back to my original post, and listen to the NPR clip that I have posted. Thats all I ask. I'm not a moderator, so I can't enforce anything, but a little courtesy would go a long way.

---

OK, back to Linux...

Someone here said that LongHorn was their last distro, right? and I think that LK said that SP2 was based off of Longhorn, right? Well, based on that lone fact, Longhorn is no more secure that SP2. I have successfully hacked past SP2, and ever since I have installed it, my comp runs like shit! I mean, come on! If this is a small glimps at longhorn, than my pr-asessment is: it Sucks! Who knows, MAYBE m$ will have actually done something right for a change.

Anyway, my boot screen is a quote that Bill Gates said at a press conference a long time ago, but it still applies.
Bill Gates said:
If you cant make it good, at least make it LOOK good

I like DVDs cause there is no damn advertising before the film, like VHS. Oh no, Beta.

V-Man said:
OK, back to Linux...

Someone here said that LongHorn was their last distro, right? and I think that LK said that SP2 was based off of Longhorn, right? Well, based on that lone fact, Longhorn is no more secure that SP2. I have successfully hacked past SP2, and ever since I have installed it, my comp runs like shit! I mean, come on! If this is a small glimps at longhorn, than my pr-asessment is: it Sucks! Who knows, MAYBE m$ will have actually done something right for a change.

Anyway, my boot screen is a quote that Bill Gates said at a press conference a long time ago, but it still applies.
Lol; I said SP2 is based on Longhorn from 2003 :D As that is when they made SP2, most people who follow things like that had SP2 early April/May 2004. Longhorn will not be released until 2006... that's 3 years on from SP2 so to say Longhorn is no more secure than SP2 is silly :D Longhorn was more secure than SP2 was in September 2004 in September 2003.

Lol; what's that?

There are sometimes locked down adverts at the beginning of a few DVDs. My Day After Tommorow DVD has adverts you can't skip for a minute or so at the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom