How to remove the case of the Sony PCV-RX1

fox mccloud

Beta member
I've just bought a new USB 2.0 card and wanted to install it this morning. Since I am no whiz in computer hardware, I was only able to remove the top sliding panel of the tower...and then I got scared XD I didn't want to break the side panels but at the same time I didn't know how to open them to get to the motherboard...

I was wondering if anyone knows how to access and remove the casing of the Sont Vaio RCV-RX1 desktop computer:

w_pcv-rx1_01.jpg

the image isn't working by the way. I'd search for the case but I'm at work so time is a bit of an issue ;) I can't spend my WHOLE day online instead of doing work ;)

Uhh i'm not so good at this any tone it down a little mon i think everyone is at home sleeping

did you check to see if there are any screws on the back that might be holding the side panel on? they might be thumbscrews and you could unscrew them with your fingers

yea wth is your problem man...unlike you some of us sleep, exspecally when theres school the next day. I've seen that case in a thread before..i think theres a clip or a screw almost hidden like. Or since your not good with computers it may be right there and you cant tell the difference..or it may open frmo the right hand instead of the typical left side

Look at the back of the case. I believe you wowuld find some sort of piece of metal just tucked in the case on the top. Pull on it and at the same time pull out the side panel. This realeses the springs.

Back
Top Bottom