Linux vs windows?

iamroot said:
GNU/Linux allows the user to have the freedom to pretty much do what ever he/she wants with the software. That's ownership. Using Windows is more like renting. You aren't allowed to do whatever you want with it, you can only do what Microsoft allows you to do. And Microsoft has spyware in the OS that allows them to keep tabs on you. GNU/Linux is better in a practical way cos its low/no cost and it has a more secure security framework. Pretty obvious stuff but MS can still refute that. Their efforts are really pathetic.
Lol; most people, even on here and most people here are good, could not even begin to learn how to do anything with Linux you can't do with Windows.

Nah, they have tracking for what you do with the Software; nothing to do with you or what you change with the Software. If they did; we wouldn't be able to use Hacked Windows Versions would we :D They merely check up on what the software is used for like the Customer Experience Programs on MSN Messenger and Office 2003.

don't listen to LK when he's talking about linux - he just gives it abuse, he is a Microsoft lover. Mind you he is very helpful in other areas, especially in the hardware and software section at explaining the differences between things. But when it comes to linux just ignore him

Why do people say then microsoft put spyware of sorts onto your system to keep tabs on what you are doing. by the way LK do you work for Microsoft, just out of interest

dreamweaverdude said:
don't listen to LK when he's talking about linux - he just gives it abuse, he is a Microsoft lover. Mind you he is very helpful in other areas, especially in the hardware and software section at explaining the differences between things. But when it comes to linux just ignore him
:D I don't purely give it abuse - I have often commented on its uses... but I mainly compare its lesser qualities to Windows' because if I didn't people would think Linux is the best :D and it is in most peoples' cases not.

Haha, no. I don't [cries] however I has put in a request for the Scholarship Program, Industry Placement Scheme and Graduate Scheme :D So when I do pass College, and University, I have many ways to get in.

Who really knows for sure? I think they dont though. But if they can track if your copy of Windows is legitimate or not, anything's possible.

i have used both and personally i think that linux is better, has a better layout and is easier to use, im a complete novice compared to most of the people on here and i have nearly got the hang of it, it is great, i know what i am using for all computers that i use from now onwards!!

Back
Top Bottom