Macromedia Flash

Rackham

Baseband Member
At my school, as with many here, we have tons of programs but have limited access. So theres not much to do. I found we had the education version of flash mx. Its pretty awesome and I have created some pretty cool animations.

However I want to know if there is any way I can get flash besides paying $200? (I'm poor) Is there a slightly older version that they dont care about anymore? Or a nearly identical program?

I know someone who copied all the flash files from the hard drive onto his laptop and it works. I think that its illegal but im not too sure with this educational version, considering its the schools copy and we are students...

Alternatively is there any free software thats comparable to flash?

Thanks

Chances are it would be illegal, depening on the school's license. I know my school has ms office and I cant legally bring it home.

Hmm well it could be a problem if its illegal. Is there any way I could get it at a "bargain price" elsewhere? Would macromedia care about something like that? I guess the best choice would be a lookalike program but I havent found one anywhere.

you'd have to either go to a school and convince someone who works there to see if you cant get some baragain price. o r, go to a local college and ask somenoe to buy you the program if you gave them money becuase college studetns usually get some nice discounts.

There are no copy programs like flash. U can only make flash movies in flash, sorry. Go to a college/university where they have those programs. A lot of times poeple will have used them, then once their program is finished they will sell their copies...i saw that a lot with photoshop, and they'll sell them at cheaper than full price, or at least they should. And dont get the flash mx 2004 professional, just get the regular version its cheaper. Or dont get flash 7, get flash 6, its just as good, excpet i dont believe it has support for actionscript 2.0.
The old alternative is just download it and crack it. Or try the trial for a while and see if u really want it.

Back
Top Bottom