The fall of Microsoft?

Rakedog says :"Here is the thing.. typing in a few letters in a linux terminal is WAY faster then doing system operations in Windows. I really don't care if the world doesn't switch. That's their problem. I just get the better operating system, that's all." end O quote

Well good for you but the topic isnt about what you get, its about linux overtakin microsoft so instead of your new computer coming with windows xp it comes with Linux. But since linux isnt as user friendly as xp is, it will never overtake Microsoft. Linux works for you best, while xp works best for others. The "others" being the majority :D

ManDrake is a pain in the ass.. I use it, but Gentoo is way better. I like SUSE and Gentoo the most, and Debian is ok. Fedora and Slackware are ANNOYING!!! Yellow Dog is ok, but it has its troubles as well. I HATE FREEBSD THOUGH!!!

Oh and BTW Lord K, Linux is 4-8 times faster then XP. I do not know where you got your numbers, but Gentoo loads in 21 seconds on my brothers comp, and windowsXP takes 1min 42 secs.... Go Figure. And BTW, they have the same number of programs installed!

I'm running 3 systems right now.
2 Windows XP and one Linux
My XP systems are for gaming, net, office use, etc... u all get the point...
I personally find tho, that my servers run alot better on the linux box even though I run other software on it.
I've had XP crash out too many times. I just made a ghost of my HDD after a fresh install and i have to re-ghost every few weeks. something ALWAYS messes up....
Personally tho for user-friendliness i like XP
it still beats any M$ OS that I have ever used.

I love it when XP screws up and crashes and stuff... its always so entertaining to see what new glitch I will find ( or create) each day. :D

Thats a good outlook on crashes...
You gotta love the BSOD too... only M$ could think of that.
For me the BSOD lets me know what systems are running windows...

i.e. Paramount Canada's Wonderland on their flat TVs.
Every time i go to wonderland as soon as i walk in the park gates their systems crash.... i think they're alergic to me..

lol. yah. comps run when they see my coming I can kill one of those things byond repair in about 5 minutes. ;)

Back
Top Bottom