war talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morpheus said:
Sorry Giancarlo but I have to disagree the SAS is the best in the world that's what most people then come the Navy SEAL's and then Shin Beth.
As for Delta Force well to be honest they suck the Navy SEAL's are far better than them

What is the Shin Bet? Beth?

This post not meant to bash or be totally negative...
Just a simple Canadian asking and stating.

Where are the WMDs that your leader spoke of?
I haven't heard one word about them...

Also the "We have ..... Under our control" Technically being under American control means that there are no missiles, grenades, car bombs, "terrorists" in the area anymore and none getting in.

And the parading of Iraqi prisoners on american television is against the geneva convention, while when the Al Jazeera network showed american POWs receiving medical help America "complained" that it was against the geneva convention.

Killing of your soldiers by friendly fire and the american that threw the grenade into one of the other american tents.... Great morale to be doing that...

www.sorryeverybody.com is a great american site... its for a book with americans apologising for re-electing bush.

Be more like Canada.. Sit back, play some hockey and above all have a frostey beer. (not speaking for all canadians)

I'd post more I'm sure but I need to research more in order to do so...

In case this post is off-topic sorry.

Hell yeh Bommer man. But when Giancarlo is allowed back he will be all over you like a bad rash.

ok well from an Aussies perspective, things stand like this in my eyes:

The war with Iraq pretty much seems to be politically motivated, with a "WMD smokescreen" that failed... miserably (personally i thought that the CIA would have planted some to be sure that there was at least a little "evidence")
any way, ive heard a lot about both british and american forces taking out their own men(and women, not to be sexist here) one i clearly remember is a British plane being destroyed because it didnt use the correct codes or communicate them fast enough to the air carrier so they were shot down by the automatic defence system on the ship (that managed to get on the news here) and then there was a helicopter crash that killed several i Americans i think.

But something stands out to me LOUD AND CLEAR... we (Australia and New Zealand) have the BEST special forces. Our commandos were in Iraq giving directions to the others and sussing out the enemy and generally the whole eyes of the operation from what i gather.

ANOTHER thing is that we have only just take our FIRST AUSTRALIAN CASUALTY so far in this war. we have had wounded certainly, but no deaths until now!

We have had talks of "bringing the troops home" but i propose an alternative. CHANGE THEIR DUTIES. Instead of actively seeking threats, make them a security force that looks after their own ppl in the country. Let the Iraqi people do the rest, they have the people there to do the job, and there is no point "liberating" a people if they dont gain independence, its like the metaphor of changing the rider of a horse. if we arent interfereing then what do these people have to get angry at. LEAVE THEM BE!

You americans had a war with yourselves and claimed independence too, sooner or later these people would have done that. there is only so much that ppl can take of the sort of treatment they received. What about other countries with dictators? do you intend to "liberate" them too?????? We watched a movie at school in year 10 called "El Salvidore", its based on a true story. has the problem been fixed there by your government? what about other countries? where is all the LIBERATION going, or has it all been dished up in one big serving to a country full of oil fields???

not to say that i oppose war all together, a war for the right reasons is ok, like when YOU are attacked, hell id take to any M*DDA F*KKA that tried to invade here, id go till i had no more to give! id make sure that those ba$tards paid in blood for every step that they advanced. but a war to liberate another country???? cmon, wheres the gain in that... unless theres something there worth going for??? Whats in El Salvidore??? Going to war for an ally when they are being attacked is also a worthy cause. its like mafia insurance: "You hit him, WE hit YOU!" thats a kinda bad metaphor but accurate.
BASICALLY YOU CANT LIBERATE SOME ONE UNLESS THEY WANT IT BAD ENOUGH TO BEGIN IT THEMSELVES.

All this advanced threat elimination policy crap can go jump. thats just another way of saying if you look at our country sideways then we're gonna beat the bejeasus outta u and claim your resources.

As much as i hate to drop names, Mike Moore makes some good points, even if a LOT of his stuff is set up and changed around to suit his needs, the pure evidence that is given shows a LOT of interesting facts about certain members in power.

I also know that our prime minister has his head up your presidents a$$, which is partially why we went into war with you too i think. Thats ok, we're showing support for an ally... but ummm, you werent attacked!
HELL IT ALL STARTED BECAUSE OF BLIMMIN OSAMA BIN-N-GONE... where is he now??? if u want the cause of your anger and hate, find that low life son of a biatch and take it out on him... he is where the true focus of your anger should lie.

Yes i know, all the car bombs and stuff that keep killing your military personelle. Change their duties, make them look after YOUR people in positions of power over there. Let each protect his own.

Well thats quiet a rant, ive had my say, i can go on, but i dont feel the need to, im starting to repeat myself. i just think that there is a dfferent approach needing to be taken in this matter.

I thank all those who read my long blabber on, i apologise for any spellnig (that was deliberate!!!) errors, and im not having a go at any particular side here, just voicing my views, which in my country of free speech, and america too, i have the right to freedom of speech. i respect other peoples views, you have heard and seen things that i have not as have i seen and heard things that you have not, therefore we both make our judgements on what we KNOW, not believe, KNOW.

i leave you with some final quotes, and please, think about them and what they mean:
(taken from Call of Duty: United Offense Demo)

-War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

-The soldier, above all else, prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must bear the wounds and scars of war.

and for the men who have died, on all sides:
-In war it is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank god that such men lived.

Assassin_666 said:
-War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

That is probably the most meaningful quote which has stuck with me since seeing it on Operation Flashpoint. Hell yeh Assasin stick it to da man. Aussies rule all. I didnt know you were also Australian where abouts are you from?

Nofx the Scots don't have any special forces unit Black Watch is an infatry regiment stationed in Bahgdad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom