Linux vs windows?

Eh?....

For a start linux doesn't crash on a regular basis.

It doesn't ahve a pile of security loopholes people try to exploit

Any patches needed are released far more quickly than m$$ ever do

The list goes on would you like me to continue???LK

Can you continue so i can make up my mind wether to have microsoft or linux please, sorry if that sounds rude, i dont mean it that way!
Mark

cool, i thought that you could only have one os when linux was installed properly, i still cant get linux to install properley, it still says that the kernel is not there or something like that, i have put it all in my linux help topic, i would be very grateful of any help anyone will give me
Mark

dreamweaverdude said:
Eh?....

For a start linux doesn't crash on a regular basis.

It doesn't ahve a pile of security loopholes people try to exploit

Any patches needed are released far more quickly than m$$ ever do

The list goes on would you like me to continue???LK
It can, it does, in the form of new releases and yes :D

It can, because you're a Professional and not a Home User; Windows with a Professional crashes as much as Linux with a Professional, if at all as Windows doesn't Crash and Linux doesn't crash. I think that distinction must be made really.

It does, but people don't exploit them. If they did it would be as bug-filled, maybe not as much but certainly more than you think it is now.

Release Candidates for Reinstall don't count :D

I beleive windows lasted around 2 days before screwing and CentOS was 3 months ;) (24/7 power)

i agree with that, i have only had this comp 3 weeks and have already had to reinstall windows, that was why i was looking at linux

Lol; that's because the people who Hacked Windows had months of Free Betas to practice on. Some I really don't doubt actually work for Microsoft - if I ever find one while working for Microsoft I will make an example of it!

GNU/Linux allows the user to have the freedom to pretty much do what ever he/she wants with the software. That's ownership. Using Windows is more like renting. You aren't allowed to do whatever you want with it, you can only do what Microsoft allows you to do. And Microsoft has spyware in the OS that allows them to keep tabs on you. GNU/Linux is better in a practical way cos its low/no cost and it has a more secure security framework. Pretty obvious stuff but MS can still refute that. Their efforts are really pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom