AVI to MPEG

d_source

Daemon Poster
Whats the best converter tool to encode avi's movies into MPEG movies ready to be burned to a DVD?

actually yes if anyone knows one thats free to download or even to buy please tell us because i know i have this exact problem too...d_source watch out when you changing them...i had one before(actually three or four of those programs) and it put this stupid logo of the program in the middle of the screen and wasted a bunch of my time because i had to delete it

Does this type of encoding take a long time and a lot of processor power? How long would it take on my pc (specs below)?

well look at my specs in my sig and then think about way less time...mine takes about 20-30 mins although when its doing this i dont do anything else..i just get off it and go wander around my house and pretty much just start eating

:S that suks that it takes so long. I guess i'd be better off just looking for mpeg flicks to start off with then.

Computergen said:
Dvd Santa
lol. nice. yeah. btw, man, moneyman,
money_man said:
2.7ghz intel celeron (soon 3400+ AMD!!!)
512mb pc2700
9800 128mb all-in-wonder
160gb 7200rpm
7.1 sound card
that really sux. but the amd, yes, will be better. indeed. celeron is terrible lol. i wish i had an amd but im stuck here with the pentium. ah well. its alright. i need a better card though. (graphics)

There are quite a few, starting with Nero! which can convert you .avi to a vcd.
There is also Pinnacle Express which is very easy to use and comes with some video cards.
Finally if you go to divx-digest there is a part where they explain how to use VirtualDub and another program to extract the audio from the movie, and then rebuild it with a simple program which I can't remember the name right now.
And there is also this shareware which you can try and if you like can find on most P2P http://www.divx-digest.com/software/aviconverter.html

Back
Top Bottom