The fall of Microsoft?

Lord Kalthorn said:
I still think you're all crazy :D

Don't seem to be talking about the subject anymore; but the very idea Microsoft is falling in a year it has consitant profit rising - and growth in the Server and Tools Section in the double digits, 15, 16 something I can't remmember. Windows is constant, as is Office, because most people who have it have it and leave as fast as they come, if they come and leave at all.

Not only Profit; but the only area Microsoft is loosing ground in is Internet Explorer - Linux is taking up space from new areas and old areas, but Microsoft is growing with that and Linux therefore is gaining, Microsoft is not loosing. Purely a problem for this year; as next year there will be a new Operating System out and the Technology that has been allowed to stagnate to a degree and allow things like SuSe to start catching up, and WinE to fix serious Linux problems. Longhorn is a whole new System, once WinFX is released soon afterwards; maybe on Beta at Longhorn release.

India... lol... Governments say a lot of things. Most of the computers in India are on Support Systems for many huge companies with Microsoft Contracts and cheap software and support. The Government amounts to a tiny number of PCs in India, let alone the World. Even if it does change - saying it and implementing it are two vastly different things. They said it would happen in Hamburg; I'm not even sure it has yet - and Germany is has vastly more resources than India. Its just not practical - as Linux is more expensive anyway.

Brazil. I corrected my self. The brazilian Govt holds 10% of micorosft's economy.

Ans who says that LongHorn will be any better? There are still going to be loop holes, and virus's etc written for it!

By the way, Linux is ONLY more expensive if you dont know how to use it. You all took the time to learn how to use Windows, so why not learn something better and more practical?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Support, Administration, Programmers...
Its OPEN SOURCE

Programmers: Free, people around the world work on improving it. Hackers and virus writers included!
Administration: Huh?! You're the admin of your own computer, so how would that work?
Support: Read a book, or simply take it to your computer shop. Chances are, they use Linux as their server.

hey, money_man, ill PM you, so check your PM's!

rakedog said:
Gentoo is god of all Linux. But it's the hardest OS to install... EVER.

Why so? What makes it so special? Just wanted to check in before I download it.

rakedog said:
Gentoo is god of all Linux. But it's the hardest OS to install... EVER.

It depends on which stage installation you choose. If you choose stage 1 then you will be choosing EVERYTHING yourself. If you go with stage 3 you get pre-compiled images to install. But there is still quite a bit of self-configuration. You should go with gentoo, on there site they have an installation guide that goes throught the ENTIRE install process step by step, explaining everything. It is sorta like a demo, they go throught the process and give you examples of every code you need to write to make the install.

As for you certain persons flamming windows and has never used linux. Give it a try, don't go flamming something you have never tried. And I am sure there are some of you that are doing so without having tried it out prior.

http://www.gentoo.org

Sad aren't they? Linux is faster, stronger, more secure, and has full 64bit support (making it about 6 times faster now with an AMD64....) SUSE 9.2 Pro is my Favorite, BUT I LOVE GENTOO JUST AS MUCH!! What do you guys think about Mandrake?

Back
Top Bottom