The fall of Microsoft?

Giancarlo said:
That's funny because it isn't really true. So why do you make up numbers? A lot of people make up numbers around here. I've been to Brazil myself, and I've heard in the papers there that nearly 90% of the software on government computers is pirated.
I'm so happy for you! But what you're telling me is that my sources are faulty, am I wrong? Don't tell me! Tell BBC if your so sure of your self! Besides, why would Microsoft bo so worried about this switch if that wasn't true?

By the way, I don't make numbers up, unless I'm programming and it calls for it. My numbers were factual.

Lord Kalthorn said:
That's not only infeasable but inpractical. The money required to change to Linux would be vast - and India has a vast population and not enough money for it. Cities, maybe, for only the Government bits - but never all the peoples' Computers because that is opressing the right to choose :D

Hey, maybe you're right. But I know what I heard! Anyway, I am sorry if this whole thread has been misleading to people. Only the government is switching their OS, not the whole population.

Anyway, personally, I think that if this is the beginning to the fall of Microsoft, Apple/Mac will slowely take over, untill their whole way of leading the industry fails, and Linux finally post-dominates. I dont know, I cant tell the future. But what I CAN tell you for fact is that I and a whole shit load of other people want to see Mirosoft fall.

:eek:Interesting quote by Bill Gates himself: "If you can't make it good, at least make it look good." -- Hmmm....conection here people?!:cool:

money_man said:
so one day in the papers it just said

"OH BTW 90% OF OUR GOVERNMENTS OS'S ARE ILLEGAL!!!!"

i dont think so, and how do you know he just made up numbers? have you done the research? because according to that post your getting your information from a newspaper....

Well put. But lets not turn this thread into a war. He's just stating his oppinion. Thanks though!:cool:

Ignore him... He knows nothing... Giancarlo is a fool and he was banned for that reason, being foolish. I hope he never comes back at this point. He thinks Microsoft will not fall, and Linux is dumb.. Linux PWNS him. HAHA! SUSE is way better then XP, and looks and feels almost identical.

Linux just simply copied Windows. I read the other day that they are going to be sued by Microsoft for violating patents.

That is one of the stupidest things I've heard on these forums.

1. Linux is based on Unix. Windows is based on DOS. Learn your facts.

2. Linux uses their own kernel that is changed constantly to make it better. Very few people know the source that Windows is running. So even starting to talk about this is idiotic.

3. "Linux" cannot be sued. First off, Linux is thousands upon thousands of programmers, from all over the world, and Windows simply cannot sue them. As far as companies, you are talking about lawsuits towards upwards of 100 + organizations. Won't happen.

4. Linux hasn't stolen anything from windows. If anything, it's the other way around. If you are refering to Bill Gate's talk to other nations about "the dangers of switching", then you are simply seeing him being very scared about the Linux takeover. None of that is true, and Linux users cannot be sued.

5. If you don't know what you are talking about, DON'T POST HERE.

Linux is much better than windows at one thing....doing nothing. sure linux has good security and.......and uh.....hmmmm....lets see......

hmmm looks like linux is good for just about nothing.

ps - what can u even do on linux besides run a server?

Linux is much better than windows at one thing....doing nothing. sure linux has good security and.......and uh.....hmmmm....lets see......

hmmm looks like linux is good for just about nothing.

ps - what can u even do on linux besides run a server?

You've obviously never used linux before, so why don't you stop talking about what you know nothing about.

Linux can be used for anything that windows can be.

No shit... Like I said, you don't know anything about linux, so don't talk about it.

Linux software is free, so you aren't going to be seeing it on shelves. You download it for free from FTP's, or it comes with the distro itself.

And you can emulate any program that you need to work with Linux that's made for Windows.

Only exception is games, and few games will run as good when emulated. Ironic though, game producers reccomend running gaming server on linux, not windows.

ok i've i've never seen linux run before would it be a good idea for me to download it and start fooling around or should I read about it first??? because you guys have me courious now, i've only ever used windows

Back
Top Bottom