Insight on Building my First Gaming Rig

Hey guys I appreciate everything and it looks like i'll be going with the AMD. One more quick question is everything still compatible as far as memory and sound card etc.

BanChan said:
fx-55!!!!!!!!!!!

ok seriously dont go the FX-55 route, we have discussed this before people...the AMD ATHLON 64 4000+ will beat the FX-55, it overclocks much more, etc. all you need to know is get the 4000+ and you wont need to upgrade for a while, also it costs less than the FX-55, and has teh same features

Ok so heres what I have now
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Processor Socket 939
Motherboard - MSI "K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset
Video Card - Leadtek nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, TV-Out/DVI, 8X AGP
Hard Drive 1 - Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB Serial ATA 10,000RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer
Hard Drive 2 - Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6B200R0 200GB Ultra ATA/133 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer
Sound Card - Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
Speakers - Logitech Z-5300 Speaker System
Memory - Kingston KVR533D2N4/1G 1GB DDR2-533 PC2-4200
Power - Antec TruePower TrueControl 550 550W ATX12 Power Supply
Monitor - NEC MultiSync FE2111SB-BK
Case - wasnt sure of name heres link http://www.colorcases.com/Cases/mesh_black_deluxe.htm#
Mouse - Logitech MX510 Performance Optical Mouse
Keyboard - Saitek PC Gaming Keyboard and Command Pad
and 2 80mm fans for extra cooling

I found all the products on Newegg and Zipzoomfly comes to around $3000 which is a little higher than I wanted to go but still a good price.

sick comp man, good choice w/ the amd, plus its 64-bit so im pretty sure itll stay up-to-date longer (if im wrond in this, plzz dont yell at me, at least having 64-bit cant degrade ur system) and u got sli so even if u cant get another vid card now u have serious gaming expansion abilities

o ya and good choice with the 10k rpm hard drive too

ur video card doesnt work its agp, and ur "sli" mobo is for pci-express cards......just get the pci-e version of the 6800gt i think its cheaper.......and u dont need to get 2 right away, wait off until u have enuf money and desire to by another video card,but it has to be the same make and model i believe

oh ya and id also suggest getting two 660gt instead of one 6800gt, if ur not planning on eventually buying another 6800gt, personall yi dont like leadtek, get a msi, gigabyte, asus or eVGA they are the better brands

once you get teh video cards sorted out thats gunna be an insane computer man...might even rebel AMD_ZEN's...although i said might...be awesome to see your benchmarks scores once you get that baby built...my score is only 5834 but im using celeron

Back
Top Bottom