The fall of Microsoft?

Charchris said:
You cannot have the avatar! You hate Linux! Linuxes love I!! lol its German and ahaha 3 posts with the same avatar up top

yeah i know..It gets confusing when 3-people with the same avitar are talking....I want to ask David if we can add some more. I hope he say's yes...;)

Giancarlo said:
DOesn't matter since most of Brazil's software is stolen at any rate. It was a huge problem in both Brazil and Argentina. 90% of the software on government computers was of illegal nature (stolen/pirating). So I don't think Microsoft lost too much in Brazil at any rate. I used to live in South America and I can also ensure you the Brazilian government is pretty damn stupid. POses the largest threats to microsoft? And you quote from NPR? Shame on you. How could a country with a government that mainly operates 5-10 year old computers be a threat?

And I'm stuck up? Really? You are the stuck linux user.

Actually, Brazil makes up 10% of microsoft's total market, thats why Microsoft is so worried. And, I actually use Windows XP because thats what I grew up using, Windows. I do haowver, have 9 different distro's of Linux on different partitions.

Jefforaby said:
Linux just simply copied Windows. I read the other day that they are going to be sued by Microsoft for violating patents.

Who are they going to sue, since it's open source? And by the way, they never violated any copyrights. I've seen the source and made my own changes. Theres nothing wrong with it.

V-Man said:
I was listening to NPR the other day, and it said that all of India (I think) is switching ALL of their OS's to Linux, and ditching all of Microsoft! YAY! FINALLY!

I have to get back to school, so I will update this post when I get home. More to come.

--Pat Litke

Good I hate microsoft, bye bye Bill Gates. Anyways i'm posting from one of these school labtops that they let us use some times. I don'nt know why its letting me post but science is boring so i'm posting.

crazyman143 said:
I have tried linux before and I also have to say that I prefer windows. It does seem to have more practical uses and It is more user friendly for us less-smart folks. ;)
but I like the fact that Linux is open source and have seen good features from both OS's

It takes a while getting used to, but in the future, it WILL domminate. Theres no question. Besides, someone here said that Longhorn is Microsoft's last release anyway! That's just not practical!

V-Man said:
Actually, Brazil makes up 10% of microsoft's total market, thats why Microsoft is so worried. And, I actually use Windows XP because thats what I grew up using, Windows. I do haowver, have 9 different distro's of Linux on different partitions.

That's funny because it isn't really true. So why do you make up numbers? A lot of people make up numbers around here. I've been to Brazil myself, and I've heard in the papers there that nearly 90% of the software on government computers is pirated.

V-Man said:
I was listening to NPR the other day, and it said that all of India (I think) is switching ALL of their OS's to Linux, and ditching all of Microsoft! YAY! FINALLY!

I have to get back to school, so I will update this post when I get home. More to come.

--Pat Litke
That's not only infeasable but inpractical. The money required to change to Linux would be vast - and India has a vast population and not enough money for it. Cities, maybe, for only the Government bits - but never all the peoples' Computers because that is opressing the right to choose :D

Giancarlo said:
That's funny because it isn't really true. So why do you make up numbers? A lot of people make up numbers around here. I've been to Brazil myself, and I've heard in the papers there that nearly 90% of the software on government computers is pirated.

so one day in the papers it just said

"OH BTW 90% OF OUR GOVERNMENTS OS'S ARE ILLEGAL!!!!"

i dont think so, and how do you know he just made up numbers? have you done the research? because according to that post your getting your information from a newspaper....

Back
Top Bottom