dvd burning problem

nandroboy

Beta member
hello people
please i need some help, i have bought a sony external dvd r/rw with nero 6, the problem is when i try copying dvds from my laptop drive which is also sony it keeps saying the disc is blank im using dvd43 to decode them has anyone else had this problem.advice would be very appriciated
nandroboy

I would use internal DVD R/RW for copy's of dvd's
Use DVD shrink to decode them. hope this helps.

thanks for the advice im trying dvd shrink it seems to be working but takes a long time, i had roxio 7 and that just compressed it to fit on one disc straight away and started burning am i doing something wrong???

depends on the speed your burning at/ and if your ram can support such a fast burn transfer. At what speed are your burning at ?

I have a duel formatt DVD writer that supports 16x , but i only burn DVD's at 8x, cuz the quality is better, and it won't cause skips in the playback.

its a 16x dual format burner but im burning at 8x nero still wont let me burn it just keeps popping the disc out and saying its blank, its driving me mad now.
any clues

Go to start
right click on MY COMPUTER
click on Properties
then on hardware
select divice manager
then IDE CONTROLLER
then secondary
select advance settings

should have current tranfer mode: should be DMA
not PIO

still no joy it is dma not pio im getting roxio off someone to see if i get any joy with that if not ill have to try something else, no idea what though
many thanks
nand

Ok, you have an external DVD burner and you plugged it in a USB port of your laptop and you put a DVD movie on the laptop dvdrom and want to burn it on the external USB DVD burner.
YOu have the right software, DVDShrink and Nero 6 which by the way is it a bundled version or a full version where you had to enter a serial number. Bundled versions do not do everything the full version does.
From what I know of copying DVD's, DVD shrink it will decrypt it and copy the files to your hard drive (does the laptop have sufficient space?) and after that Nero burns it.
When you plug your burner on your laptop, does it recognize it; do you have any conflicts?
Finally, Sony is well known to be in the battle against piracy (You can't even play a wav CD you made from mp3 files on most Sony systems), so I would presume the sony sony combo may not be an ideal combo. I would suggest you try it on a desktop PC and make sure you have a full version of Nero, not the bundled one, big difference.

Back
Top Bottom