Restarting COmp!!!

slayer322

In Runtime
My comp has recently started restarting on its own. i'll be playing a game like UT2K4 and it will restart. The restart is like a hard boot, no closing of windows and when windows restarts, a "Send Error Report" pops up and says "Windows Has Recovered From A Serious Error." i thought it was my video card (9200se) but i returned it, got a 9550 (256) card and installed it and the com restarted again after about 25 mins of playing UT2K4. i udated my sound card drivers, windows update, ati catalysts. My temp never goes any higher than 40 degrees.

Specs:
----------------------------------------
===============================
AMD Athalon 3000+ XP
MSI KT4-Ultra
1 GB(2x 512) DDR 400 AZEN RAM
ATI Radeon 9550 (256MB)
Audigy 2 ZS
LG 16X Super Multi DVD Combo Writer
AOPEN 52x 32x 52x CD Burner
ThermalTake x11 CPU Fan
500 Watt Heavy Duty PS
Win XP Pro (SP2)
-----------------------------------------
================================

If anyone has any possible solutions to this problem it would be appreciated, Thnx

If it does not stop restarting, you may have corrupted your NTDLR file which you can find on you operation system CD.
Boot in safe mode, and check in your windows directory if the file NTDLR is there; if not that is what is causing the problem.
Go to your dos prompt and write copy [drive letter]/i386 NTDLR C:\windows NTDLR
or find the file NTDLR on your CD and copy it to your windows folder.
Then reboot. See if this resolves your problem

I took out my audigy 2 zs and played ut2k4 and it didnt restart. i put the audigy back in and so far it hasnt restarted on its own. when i looked in C:/Windows there was no NTLDR file anywhere. So i copied it from the Windows XP Pro disc into C:/Windows. i was wondering if i did this correctly.

thnx

i wont worry if its workin now and dont restart u fixed it, just wing it if its broken!!

Back
Top Bottom