The fall of Microsoft?

Linux SUSE pwns!! I use SUSE 9.2 Professional, Mandrake, Gentoo, and Redhat (rarely and it is uninstalled right not) I love SUSE!!!

rakedog said:
Linux is garbage? Wtf? That's bullshit.. better GUI system (can't compare it to longhorn yet, but definately more advanced then XP), more secure, and much more powerful.. the user (if he knows what he or she or doing), can change the kernel and code to their desire with just a couple commands. Trust me, when you are talking about stable and secure servers, it's important.

I'm not denying the M$ isn't going anywhere in the next few years.. too much market, too much public brainwashing (Just like pretty much every other big corperation out there).

You know, I'm really kind of happy when you guys say you hate linux, and that's it's weaker the windows. Because that just means I'll get the better operating system, and you won't, so I have no complaints :p

If Linux was actually practical I would give it more credit, but it is not. Again this is why you don't understand the facts. Windows 2000 and XP are pretty stable and pretty powerful. Stable enough for anyone. Too much public brainwashing? what a damn anti-capitalist.

V-Man said:
I dunno all you stuck up windows lovers.

The government of Brazil says it will switch 300,000 government computers from Microsoft's Windows operating system to open source software like Linux. Microsoft founder Bill Gates wants to meet with Brazil's president to discuss the change. Brazil is dropping all proprietary software.

Heres the link to the audio from NPR.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4471963

The Brazilian Govt says "...Brazil poses the largest threats to micorosft there is right now..." assuming that they do go ahead and drop their Microsoft products.

pcmxkeith: where did you here that they were only going to make one more OS? If they did that, that they would SURLEY fall even quicker! Just thought I'd ask.

Well, I have to go and eat dinner. Peace.

DOesn't matter since most of Brazil's software is stolen at any rate. It was a huge problem in both Brazil and Argentina. 90% of the software on government computers was of illegal nature (stolen/pirating). So I don't think Microsoft lost too much in Brazil at any rate. I used to live in South America and I can also ensure you the Brazilian government is pretty damn stupid. POses the largest threats to microsoft? And you quote from NPR? Shame on you. How could a country with a government that mainly operates 5-10 year old computers be a threat?

And I'm stuck up? Really? You are the stuck linux user.

Whatever. I like Linux, and I think it's better then windows in many ways. I don't understand facts? whatever... You're not going to change my mind.

It's okay, I understand. A lot of people don't want to use it.. because it IS true that it takes a while to get used to. And I respect your opinion.

Well it isn't that I have to get used to it, it goes more towards practicality issues. I understand it is good for servers, but not a gamer.

I never implied gaming. I don't deny that windows is better for gaming. However, do expect to see a lot more games released fro both windows and linux in the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom