Boot-Up Problems

Windwaker222

In Runtime
I finally got my whole computer together...It started on first try but saddly, nothing posted onto the monitor. Other things that didn't happen was that the CD won't open.

I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Specs :

Chaintech VNF4 Ultra Zenith VE
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ S939
Seagate 7200RPM 120GB SATA
Ultra 500W PS
Sapphire Radeon 7000 PCI (temp)

I guess thats about it. All the fans run and I can hear (and feel) the hard drive go on. Everything lights up it just won't do anything... :( :(

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions please post them!

Thanks

If nothing posted on your monitor well that is usually an indication that the BIOS has no memory available to boot up. Are your memory sticks correctly inserted. Normally the first stick is suppose to be set closest to the CPU. Then if the slots are coloured, you may have a dual channel memory configuration mobo, so put identical sticks in the matched slots.
Give feedback.

so far i've redone the cd. no change.

I've tried every possible configuration of ram (single and dual) still no luck

Is there a green LED light lit on your motherboard. Also when you click the start button, do you hear your hard drive(s) start spinning, or any noise or flashing light?

The CD is fixed, I can hear the hard drive...The power lights come on...

What position should the jumpers be in..I'll go re-read te manual

If you can get to see the BIOS on the screen, you will be awefully close to getting your PC running. Do you get a flicker on the screen? What type of RAM do you have, they're not in your specs.

Back
Top Bottom