Home networking problem

through a router and you are having this issue? check to make sure you are both in the same workgroup (which I'm sure you are) run the networking wiz's if you haven't and make sure filesharing is config'd for both. My mind isn't functioning yet. Not enough caffein yet. :p

The problem here is that if you are using a wireless router, one of the computer must be the AP (Access Point), and in your situation, it is the other computer.
What you have to do is in the sharing privileges. Right clic a folder that is seen on the other computer and check /sharing/properties.
Also, if you want to have mutual access, you must have a common SSID name, encryption, and gateway. Check your router settings under security also.

OK, i just had a similar problem. Are you using a router? If so, make sure that ur firewall settings allow network connections, or to see if it is the firewall causing the problem u must shut it off COMPLETELY! I thought i turned off my firewall and was going crazy for days, and yet it was actually still active and that was the whole source of the problem. Once i found that out i now have both firewalls up and running on both pc's and they are able to detect eachother easily and share files with simplicity.

Back
Top Bottom