Home networking problem

jarvo_jarvis

Beta member
I am using a wireless network at home, and both computers are connected through a wireless network card. We both use Windows XP home, but he can see my shared folder but i cant access his? When i click on workgroup computers i can see his computer, but when i doulble click it says

"\\Richard is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied"

Can anyone help?

have you got administrator privalleges on that files if not go right click properties and then secutity and add your username otherwis the folder may have something wrong

easiest way: buy a router :D heheh. otherwise you do have to setup accounts on each others computers.. etc :p

i took the firewall off to see if it would fix it but it didnt work? its strange that he can access my files but i cant get his. i can see his computer if i go to my workgroup but his shared folder is not under my network places.

He probably has it all installed. I had the same issue when I was trying to network using a hub. It wasn't always consistent as to accessing files unless it was configured properly. :p

we are both using xp home. the network is wireless and we connect through a wireless router to a broadband connection

Back
Top Bottom