Anti-virus

fjf1329

Solid State Member
I'm new and don't know too much about computers but I recently bought a HP notebook and wireless router to enable my wife and I to use the desktop and notebook at the same time. It has worked out Ok until I decided to remove Norton Anti-virus that came installed on the notebook. I did this because the computer was very slow. (WE have AVG on the desktop) Tried this on the laptop but AVG must prevent networking. Any suggestions for an anti-virus that will be compatable with networked desktop and not slow down the notebook?

or mcafee is really good. ive heard about panda or something, but i dunno. macafee works fine. a few of my friends have mcafee and they say its pretty good.

Well, here are the top ten.
#1 TITANIUM ANTIVIRUS 2005 Publisher:panda
#2 PC-CILLIN 2005 Publisher: Trend Micro
#3 PAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE
Publisher: PalSol
#4 SOPHOS ANTIVIRUS Publisher: Sophos
#5 GFI MAILSECURITY Publisher: GFI
#6 ANTIVIRUS Home Editon Publisher: A.Force
#7 BITDEFENDER Publisher: SoftWin
# 9 ANTIVIRUS (home Edition) Publisher: F-Secure
#10 MAIL SERVER PROTECTION Publisher: SoftWin

huh. i knew something about panda was good. btw, did you get this off some website, or did you just know this off first hand?

Just go with PC-CILLIN. Had many other anti virus programs and when testing them I found out PC-CILLIN did the best job. Dont use AVG I know its free but it takes way to long to scan and it uses more Ram than the others. Just Pay the $ 40 bucks for PC-CILLIN. Also dont use MCafee it made my and some of my friends pc's crash

Thank you all for the info. I'm not to famliar wth these things but
your input has melped a lot.

You removed Norton Anti-virus? That wasn't smart. I have Norton Anti-virus Corporate Edition... it is the best anti-virus software out there by far. Norton is not bloated software. Are you sure it was it that was doing the slow-downs?

You could go with Avast I think. It was the one I used before and was very handy software...

Northon is not great sorry to say Giancarlo. When I would scan for virus it would not remove them all. Then after running PC-cillin remove about 20 trojans. Be sides Northon Charges after a Year of services. If your short in Ram remove AVG uses to much.

Back
Top Bottom