Speaker setup

alvino said:
LOL That's why it's good to read all the details (unless if they didn't give any).

They gave it. But hey the speaker system, bought new, includes these crappy wires you would have to replace anyways. I ended up spending like $215 for the system and control center in the end. Still below what I would pay for a new system.. and the one I bought is in good shape. :)

I'm glad I did manage to get myself out of that mess.. in finding the crucial control center.

Even my Z-640 has a tremendous amount of bass. Those new speaker systems are pretty nice and coupled with a nice sound card, can produce a pretty good home theater system for your PC.

One of my neighbors here is still using Dolby Pro Logic and he was shocked on how sharp my computer sound system sounded. I love playing those DTS ES and Dolby Digital demos to him. Blew him away. He was like, "all that coming from a computer?"

A regular home system costs way too much, but I can get a good one hooked up for the PC for much less and sound just as good. Now I watch everything on my PC including DVDs and with the addition of my new TV tuner, I can watch that in surround sound too.

TRDCorolla1 said:
Even my Z-640 has a tremendous amount of bass. Those new speaker systems are pretty nice and coupled with a nice sound card, can produce a pretty good home theater system for your PC.

One of my neighbors here is still using Dolby Pro Logic and he was shocked on how sharp my computer sound system sounded. I love playing those DTS ES and Dolby Digital demos to him. Blew him away. He was like, "all that coming from a computer?"

A regular home system costs way too much, but I can get a good one hooked up for the PC for much less and sound just as good. Now I watch everything on my PC including DVDs and with the addition of my new TV tuner, I can watch that in surround sound too.

Oh I can't wait to get my Z-680 set up. And your neighbors would probably faint if he heard the Z-680. 500 watts RMS.... 188 watt subwoofer.. the damn thing even needed a fan on the side to cool it down. I got an Audigy 2 Value with it.. so a great sound card.

A regular home system is hideously expensive. I went today and it was like $499 for a good set of speakers and receiver... PC systems sound just as great as those, and for way less... for sure. I'm gonna get this thing hooked up soon... :) This weekend :D

Moving my old 5.1 speaker system to my TV (running it off auxillary mode [reduced 5.1 sound, but my TV isn't great]). :)

Don't feel poor. I spent a lot of money I shouldn't of on this system.. but oh well.. at least I'm going to apply for grants to help with my uni costs. I'm not rich. Just a poor college student...

the Z-680 wasn't available at the time when I purchased my Z-640 which was too bad. The Z-680 would've sounded much nicer. Logitech's sound system does pack quite a punch when it comes to bass. Adjust the treble controls (through control panel or in the Creative surround mixer (same thing) and you get great mid to high end clarity to go with deep growling bass (perfect for watching DVDs). I just can't see myself buying another brand besides Logitech.

Oh, maybe I may try out Creative Labs 7.1 because they also designed their Audigy 2 ZS for that.

TRDCorolla1 said:
the Z-680 wasn't available at the time when I purchased my Z-640 which was too bad. The Z-680 would've sounded much nicer. Logitech's sound system does pack quite a punch when it comes to bass. Adjust the treble controls (through control panel or in the Creative surround mixer (same thing) and you get great mid to high end clarity to go with deep growling bass (perfect for watching DVDs). I just can't see myself buying another brand besides Logitech.

Oh, maybe I may try out Creative Labs 7.1 because they also designed their Audigy 2 ZS for that.

Yeah the Z-680 was a totally new category.. they added a few hundred watts I think.. I dunno how many watts the Z-640 is but I'm sure a hundred or two less. Logitech is always great when it comes to sound. I can't wait for the control center I'm getting. :)

Back
Top Bottom