Audio problems

th3ris

Solid State Member
I bought a new case, and it came today. I got it all switched, no problem, but my audio seems to not want to work. It's definitely a hardware problem and not software, since software was the same before, and i've swithced the speakers, and still the same problem. Unfortunately, this was my first time doing this, so i set my mobo on my floor (carpet), and didn't wear anti-static wrap. I am on the computer right now, so mobo isn't fried. Do i need a sound card? (i am using onoard audio btw)

I work on my carpet all the time with my computer and there is tons of electrostatic energy there and not once have I ever had an issue but it does happen. If nothing else was changed, the volume settings are all up and no driver conflicts then I guess that is a possibility. :p Try getting a $10 sound card unless you are really into your audio system.

sweet thanks, i had an old pci game card, w/ an audio jack and a joystick port, but i couldnt find it :( . I'm getting a new sound card after school today, tho. Thanks for the advice

DAMN! Got a new sound card, Audigy Live 24-bit. Nothing too special. Installed hardware, after installation, sound started working. Then i restarted like the installer told me to
NOW MY SOUND DOESNT WORK AGAIN! WTF!?

Back
Top Bottom