AMD vs Intel vs Apple (NO FLAMING!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Gian, they are VERY VERY Different. Hyperthreading involves the P4 taking and application and seperating the threads of data at high speed into "ribbons" of data. Each "ribbon" is then processed in segments so the processor doesn't have to work on one giant task but many very small tasks. This is more efficient and better for the processor. It also uses a seperate controller, so that is why in Windows XP, a P4 with HT is seen as two processors.

Hypertransport on the otherhand has to do with FSB controllers intergrated onto the CPU itself. This is what enabled AMD to produce the 1600MHz FSB that is now becoming so famous. Hypertransport is all about BUS speeds, hyperthreading is all about coding. Very different indeed.

I know they are different. Don't try to make me look as I don't know anything about computers. I've probably been working on computers a lot longer then you have. But LK didn't answer a question I posed.

This is true... I was not directing that at you expecially though, just pointing out main differences. BTW, you said HyperTransport was stupid a few posts before, I think you meant HyperThreading, so you may want to change it to prevent anyone from using it against you. :D

unless ur talkin to a suicidal moron, and u sarcastically tell em to burn in hell or to kill themselves :)

I don't appreciate it. When I say I'm not in the mood, I would like it that you guys back off a little bit. Okay? I've had an argument with one of my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom