Speaker setup

Thanx! The akai amp was even cooler. Pitty it burnt up! They don't make tube driven hifi amps any more...

Oh yes they do... They are expensive, but I've seen some new tube amps before. I'll see if I can find them again. It was in some magazine we get, but I'm qutie sure we don't have it anymore... That was a year or 2 ago...

I'm currently using Juster Avia DHT-360.. but not for long..

I'm getting THE BEST (despite what someone I argued with before on this forum says) THX SPEAKERS on the market. Of course the Logitech Z-680. Better then the Z-5500, which has the wires built-in the speakers (meaning you can't upgrade the wires). This is a 500 WATT RMS set. It has THX certification. One bad ass set.

Perhaps a bit out of your price range hehehehh..

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=636601&search=Logitech+Z-680

Pricegrabber.com has the Logitech Z-680 from $259.00 - $339.

Review: http://www.thetechlounge.com/review.php?directory=logitech_z-680&page=5

"When Logitech's Z-680s first arrived on my doorstep, you can bet I was excited. Even now, several months later, and after countless hours of testing, I'm still excited to own these amazing speakers. The speakers look great with the grills on, but taking them off reveals some really sweet looking speakers. Even though the center's ports are fake, they follow the style of all the satellites. It was nice to see that the Z-680 accept 6 channel direct, coaxial, optical, and auxiliary inputs. The playback options were yet another great feature of the Z-680s (Dolby ProLogic 2 effects, etc...). I was also very glad to see that Logitech included a nice wireless remote. Logitech spared no expense with this system. Most importantly, the sound quality of the Z-680s is outstanding, and the bass the subwoofer exudes will leave you with your jaw on the floor. If you own these speakers, your friends will admire you, and your neighbors will hate you. At a price point of just under $300, if you are into gaming/watching DVDs/listening to music on your computer, I can't recommend these speakers strongly enough.

Pros

Great lows, mids, and highs
Competitively priced
Look very cool (with and without grills)
Can you say BASS?
Control center
Wireless remote
Lots of options (aux. input, coax, optical, or 6ch direct)
Did I mention how amazing these sound?!

Cons

Control center may be too large for some
Display on control center difficult to read from angles"

Sweet System, but knowing the idiot I am I bought the whole system without the control center. I had to make an order for control center. I ended up paying $159 for the system without the control center. But now I need to buy the wires.. lol.. I'm an idiot. LOL

LOL That's why it's good to read all the details (unless if they didn't give any).

Back
Top Bottom