LCD or CRT?

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Okay, which one do you like better? LCD or CRT? I have a 19" Samsung Syncmaster 192n LCD and I love it

Right CRTs. CRTs are of better quality. My 17" KDS Xtreme Flat Professional CRT is of extremely high quality, has a totally flat screen and very fast response time.

i have a Compaq CRT model 7550 and its amazing, everything is so clear. But since I got my LCD i dont think i will ever go back unless this breaks or something happens to it...or i find a game that makes this thing ghost like crazy

Any type of gamming would look better on CRTs unless you always run your LCD at it's highest res. Even so, LCDs have some lag.

Overall, I like LCDs better for what I do, but each screen has it's own set of advantages and disadvantages.

yeah definitly, crt's are better for gaming, I guess it just depends on what you use your computer for mostly.

Even at 16MS, LCD's still have lag... compared to CRTs. However, LCDs are great for those who have little space (that's why I almost got one).

i find that they both have pros n cons:
CRT is a lot faster refreshing, but not as clear for me (especially when i had a 15" P.O.S screen) as the new LCD that we got with the new computer, its bigger and brighter and much more shinier!!!!

If you get a high quality LCD, they're pretty good but expect to pay a lot of money. Just not as fast as CRT. Some animations I play doesn't come out well on LCD, but on a friends PC, flawless.

CRT Pro's
-Cheap
-Very good response times
-The best quality for black
-Pretty good colors
CRT Con's
-Heavy
-Bulky

LCD Pro's
-Light
-Compact
-Fairly good colors (depends what manufacturer)
LCD Con's
-Expensive
-A bit brighter than CRT
-Slower response times
-The screen tends to have a slight glare

I would personally go with CRT. Even though its heavy and bulky, it is a very good cost-effective replacement to the LCD...especially if you're a hardcore gamer.

Back
Top Bottom