How can you?

TibsBeatAll said:
fiber optic is glass. And it'd be insanity to have a wire go across half a mile. LoL. i mean, i know it can go that far, but actually maintaining that wire will be such a hassle.

I llike ur idea of the wifi with signal booster.

Singlemode fiber is plastic Multi is glass. multi has faster transfer but shorter distance.

Beware though! Pings WILL BE HIGH!!! Very much delay involved with WiFi besed setup.

Fiberopics arent hard to mainatin if you have it setup properly first off!

You might be able to use a phone line network but you will ahve to have the same phone numbers on both sockets e.g Upstairs and downstairs i dunno if that is possible with you though??

i would go with the optical cable...only because i have about a 10 ton reel of it sitting in my driveway...hee hee hee

how can phone lines be slow if some companies have high-speed phone line connections...or are those still slow?

http://www.t1price.net/ is a site about T1 service

in that site it explains how t1 works and

T-1 stands for Trunk Level One, it is a digital transmission link with a total speed of 1.544 Mbps. A T-1 Internet connection is comprised of two parts, the local loop charge, the phone circuit that connects your location to the Internet point of presence (POP) and the actual Internet bandwidth access port charge.

DS-O (Digital Signal Level 0) - A non-switched dedicated, fractional or burstable service that can be provisioned as a private line point-to-point and multi-point service. Designed for full duplex transmission of voice, analog data and digital signals transmitting at speeds of 56 KBPS. The circuit is BI-directional and can move information in both directions.

but however Look at the site for more info.

also regular phone lines are slow. most companies have VOIP (Voice OverIP)

I think the best is Optical or wifi extension or Microwave, but however Microwave towers are quite expensive to buld and requre additional approvals by athorities such as FCC and local regulatory committies due to potential interferrence and Local building codes. If you are wating to use this I suggest you contact those.

also New wireless standard known as WiMAX is coming out it will High speed up to 70Mbps connectivity and coverage for at least 5-10 miles.

This is supposed to replace WiFi and is still developing.

do you work for some kind of internet development team athon64fx? how do you know so much about networking?

I just do!! ;) I cnat even get a networking job!! I wish I could!! I wanna be a networking instructor! that would be sweet!! :D

Back
Top Bottom