what is a good dvd player that is free??

yugiohstrife

In Runtime
hi i just brought a dvd writer/player for my computer and i dont have any programs to play them on. what is a good free dvd player programme that i can download????

Um...DVIX is a codec...

Anyway, Windows Media Player is good. I think it gives you some more freedoms with the DVD... Like some DVDs are made so you can't skip though certain parts, but they won't affect MPC. However, I've had audio problems with mine. The sound is MUCH louder than any other media player. This is nice on my laptop(which is pretty quiet) but sometime when the sound gets loud, it crackles really bad.

I have Power DVD on mine...it's perfect for watching DVD movies in Dolby Digital formatt.

Also WinDVD is also perfect.

but if you want good free: WMP/ or Divix player's.

I just use Windows Media Player 10 to watch DVDs for now. It has Dolby DIgital support and the picture is very sharp compared to PowerDVD. Sounds good too. The Power DVD player that came bundled with my DVD burner is horrible. It turns out that it is a stripped down version of the orignal PowerDVD. The THX and DTS settings aren't there, speaker channels are missing, screen ratios are locked at minimal settings, what a joke. I got rid of that program. Then there's a button I can click to purchase the full version of the software. Come on, what are they thinking? I don't know who's in charge of providing this software (Newegg, LG, or PowerDVD), but they could've given us the full retail program. I'll bet WinDVD is better.

Back
Top Bottom