Hey P2P what is the best

go with bearshare, you can get over 1mb/s download speeds on a good day thats what i get. on typical days i get about 500-700kbps

Shareaza goes as slow as torrents for me... don't know why, but i have heard some people have some crazy good experiences with it. I use bittorrent anyways, because once you know good, trusted sites, then theres basically slim to no chance of getting a virus/spyware.. get the bittornado client and put your max upload speed to 20kbps and you get faster download times.. (mine still only go at 40 :( w/ ADSL)

I'm too tired to read all of the posts so I will just recommend some. Sorry if they have already been said.

For music and nothing else I would recommend
Soulseek......Great souce for music and non mainstream bands

Aries...........GOod for mainstream bands but not many underground bands.

For games, apps, movies etc
DC++..........over 5,000 hubs you can connect to. Half of the hubs have over over 100 terabytes. The hub with the most users has 800 terabytes shared. VERY VERY good source

any opennap server (just google)

I don't recommend bit torrent for illegal use, since alot of sites are being investigated. And becuase I have had a letter from the MPAA about sharing a movie over bit torrent. So since you can't disable sharing, I just stay away from it. You can get anything on usenet that is on bit torrent.

If you have cable internet, you should check out if your ISP allows you to access usenet for free. I know cox and comcast does.

If you find out you can access usenet for free, use the program "Grabit" instead of outlook express, which is what cox told me to use.

Bearshare is good, Kazaa is come and go, Shareaza isn't as good as Bearshare for me (both use Gnutella though) the other one was warez p2p which was suprisingly quite good.

and with bearshare you can set how much bandwidth you want goingt o your downloads...its the best download program i've ever had, i love and and i havent gotten a virus yet and its been about 3 months and 400 files later

Back
Top Bottom