XP doesn't install properly (doesn't copy files correctly)

I am having the same exact problem. I have also tried various XP cds and nothing works. I tried a different cd-rom drive and it still didn't work. I have the Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard, WD 80gb hd, NEC 3520 dvd burner, 512mb ddr ram. It keeps giving me errors when trying to copy the setup files to the hard drive...saying something about not copying XXXXX file correctly. Press enter to try again. When I press enter, sometimes the file copies correctly, but then it will stop again saying another file didn't copy right. Frustrating. Please help!!!

ok i found the solution to my dilemma. I went to best buy to check all my hardware, to make sure that all of it was functioning correctly. Apparently it was my RAM that was shot or my mobo RAM slots. It costs $60 for the hardware diagnostics. So after i found that out i exchanged the RAM and when i went to install XP, it installed without giving me a single read error. If you want to save some $60 then get a working computer with a working mobo and add your RAM to it and check to see if it boots and runs properly. If it constantly restarts then it's the RAM. If the RAM is fine then maybe it's your mobo. If your still unsure then go to best-buy and diagonose your comp's hardware. Hope this is helpful.

when i reinstalled it did not copy some files on win xp home but it has never actually made any difference

Back
Top Bottom