Linux Distribution...Which one???

SuSe for me if I was forced at Gun Point to Dual Boot. But its a dreadful waste of space as I'd never use it anyway.

Why use Linux when you have Windows? :D

ya the guys that own SuSe now are giving away the pro version as well. they find it the best way to really piss off SCO

still like the look of suse pro so i'll think i'll go with that unless anyone can think of some compelling reason not to.

If you google sco legal you'll get an idea of what he is talking about. Sco have filed lawsuits against varios distributions claiming they have sco source code in them. i can't remember much more than that.

SCO claims that GNU/Linux contains Unix code which it owns. Which isn't true cos GNU/Linux is in no way related to Unix except for the fact that they are both POSIX compliant.

long story short the people that currently own SuSe gave SCO everything they have now. well once SCO started all this legal stuff about suing people these SuSe people decided to sue them in return saying they dont own whatever they say they have since they did not fulfill the contract between them. so this company that owns SuSe is just doing what they want and just daring SCO to stop them. the enterprise versions of SuSe even have a guarentee that if SCO tries to sue them that they will have full protection from the people who own SuSe. Which is Novell

Novell sold them rights to use their source code. They didnt sell the source code just the use of it. Sooo SCO Is just a pile of crap and has no leg to stand on.

Even though they are based just a few miles away from my location I hope the burn. Burn them all.

Its all just a big Civil War then? :p

Linux... when will they learn... all the Developed Systems fought Civil Wars years ago. When will they become civilised and somebody just win.

It will be interesting to see them all kill themselves in their own Anarcist Disorder.

sco deserve to burn, they are cliaming something that isn't true - that they own open source code written by developers for linux. Before they were sco they used to be cladera a distributed their own version of linux. Now they're trying to milk the open source community and ibm for money. currently from what i have read they are loosing the lawsuit and are loosing millions - probaly regretting ever bringing the lawsuit against ibm in the first place.

SCO ARE SCUM AND SHOULD BURN

Back
Top Bottom