Seagte VS Western Digital...

i got a seagate 40gig hdd and it works fine but sometimes it says that a file is missing or corrupt but its good when it doesnt stuff up but i reckon go with the western digital, it sounds good lol.

One of the techs from PC Club told me that the Seagate SATA drives are true SATA and WD SATA drives have a convertor inside that switches between traditional ATA to SATA so there's actually a small delayor bottleneck so to speak on the WD 7200 drives. Does anyone know if this is true or did that guy just made up a bunch of crap to sell the WD drives?

though my sister has ben having alot of trouble with her seagate barracuda 200gig sata hdd. it might have a bad sector.

Both are good. Seagate is known for their quietness and Western Digital is known for their speed. But both are very good performers. BTW Maxtor is a good brand to consider.

yeah maxtor is good too but i would get a western digital cos i would rather have a fast hdd than a quiet one as long as the comp doesnt wake up the whole neighborhood when using it at night lol.

I like all the drives and really have no personal preference. I used most of them, Seagates, Maxtor, WD, and IBM. I just like the SATA more than the regular IDE because of increase transfer rates.

Back
Top Bottom