Completely wiping a drive?

Cheesed

Solid State Member
Can anyone list me the steps to completely wipe a drive? No utilities and no XP CD prompts I mean the complete write 0s to the drive and install fresh. My computer has been literally 'hanging' when I try to move the mouse and run operations.. it'll freeze momentarily every 30-45 seconds. So a good wipe should fix the problem. Thanks!

put the cd in if u use windows ittl give u and option to reformat the hard drive go there and ittl erase the hd and install windows over clean.

But I was told it won't erase the hard drive completely that I should go through some DOS prompt or something. Will using the Windows XP CD really erase the drive down to the bone?

i do belive so i get a new drive every time. but i dunno how clean is clean if i've never been compleatly clean!!! get my drift

Heh well it's just I remember the last time I used Windows to wipe my drive and when I came back it didn't have any programs but it still had registry info and stuff from before. Thanks anyway though

go to the cd menu, u get install,repair, and sumthin else, click the repair option, then it takes u to dos askin which windows installation u wanna repair, i think its either 0 or 1 im pretty sure its 1 so put that in and press enter, then it will give u the normal dos line file name etc, wut u wanna type, so then typ format C:\ it will say are u sure, say yes, and it will format completly including the OS

Back
Top Bottom