Sunday's Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
rakedog said:
Booming eh? yeah, and we made the record for the biggest debt the US has ever been in last week.

And he shouldn't have went to Iraq in the first place... that would save us some money.

WRONG AGAIN, RAKEDOG! THE GDP GROWTH REGISTERED AT +3.1%, yet another solid number. The FAO halved the debt projections.

We went into Iraq because it was right. And damn you freedom haters. We went into Iraq to liberate a people who were in a police state.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Capitalism can only work for so long...

This is of course false (again if you took economics courses and understood the basics, you would understand why capitalism does work nicely if it is managed properly like in the US).

I'm not even sure that a country with a Two Party system can evern attempt to preach Democracy.

False again.

You people will get more debunking.

Sure.. But shouldn't bush's own country be his top priority? I mean, schools all around are getting underpaid.. teacher's are being underpaid, police and everything was underpaid.. social security in chaos... and we decide to go into Iraq. How logical.

rakedog said:
Sure.. But shouldn't bush's own country be his top priority? I mean, schools all around are getting underpaid.. teacher's are being underpaid, police and everything was underpaid.. social security in chaos... and we decide to go into Iraq. How logical.

It is his own priority. And also, schools are more dependent on state budgets, not the federal budget. The states are more at fault for any backtracking on school funding, like in California. Teachers have been underpaid for years. Social security is in chaos? Really? Is that why he is launching a social security reform package? You need to think and look at the facts, because as usual you are being a fact denier. Bush has done more domestically in his first term, then Clinton did in both of his terms. We went into Iraq to liberate the people and to give them a chance to vote. How logical? Yes very logical and very smart.

Oh and as far as the debt.. we got one of the best debt ratings in the world.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3166658a6026,00.html

"NEW YORK: Concerns over the huge US "twin" deficits walloped the dollar in the last three months of 2004, but it will take a lot more to put the country's top-notch debt rating in jeopardy, analysts say.

Nevertheless, how president George W Bush intends to contain the US budget and trade gaps and overhaul Social Security - topics sure to be addressed in next week's State of the Union speech - will have bearing on the government's fiscal health, they say.

Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service, major debt rating agencies, said they have no near-term plans to review their highest possible sovereign debt ratings on the United States despite the likelihood that US deficits will continue to weigh on the dollar.

"The US 'AAA+' rating is secure against all reasonable scenarios," said John Chambers, deputy head of sovereign debt ratings at Standard & Poor's in New York."

Giancarlo said:
This is of course false (again if you took economics courses and understood the basics, you would understand why capitalism does work nicely if it is managed properly like in the US).
Working nicely does not mean it works - it means it works nicely for Economists - who are generally capitalist scum anyway - as without Capitalism there aren't so many.
Giancarlo said:
False again.

You people will get more debunking.
Saying False is not a debate - that's you knowing you can't tell us why a Two Party System is truely Democratic.
Giancarlo said:
We went into Iraq because it was right. And damn you freedom haters. We went into Iraq to liberate a people who were in a police state.
Freedom is not always American Capitalist Freedom - that is why Bush was wrong. That country will never be free to rule itself until it has a Civil War and does the fighting for itself. Would American have been better off if the British and French came in and reset the government in its Image during the Civil War? (in your eyes, obviously not mine; as I think it would)

Are you going to stop Double Posting any time soon?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Working nicely does not mean it works - it means it works nicely for Economists - who are generally capitalist scum anyway - as without Capitalism there aren't so many.

Working nicely does not mean it works? Warning: Logical fallacies committed by Lord Kalthorn yet again. Take classes in college and you will understand economics a bit more. It is more then just economists, it is the people who rely on the companies for jobs. Capitalist scum anyways? Get off your computer and go live in a cave. Then you won't be a hypocrite.

Saying False is not a debate - that's you knowing you can't tell us why a Two Party System is truely Democratic.

I can tell you why. I know more then you do because this is what I do. I actually study this fucking topic in far more depth then you could ever dream of. The US two party system is truly democratic because:

1) It makes the system more efficient, and effective
2) People often can criticize their own party unlike in Britain. John McCain is a politican who goes after his own party
3) The system had a high turn-out in the last election (2004), nearly 60% I believe

Freedom is not always American Capitalist Freedom - that is why Bush was wrong. That country will never be free to rule itself until it has a Civil War and does the fighting for itself. Would American have been better off if the British and French came in and reset the government in its Image during the Civil War? (in your eyes, obviously not mine; as I think it would)

It is always capitalist freedom. You can't have freedom any other way. It is either capitalist freedom, or dictatorship and murder which you want. You are a freedom hater. Bush was right in this regard. People are freedom haters. You aren't really understanding the facts all that much anymor4e.

Giancarlo said:
Working nicely does not mean it works? Warning: Logical fallacies committed by Lord Kalthorn yet again. Take classes in college and you will understand economics a bit more. It is more then just economists, it is the people who rely on the companies for jobs. Capitalist scum anyways? Get off your computer and go live in a cave. Then you won't be a hypocrite.
The point was Economists say it works nicely. Economists saying it works nicely does not mean it works. Haha; we've been over the Computer thing... using something created in a system does not mean you agree with that system; you agree with that something.

Giancarlo said:
I can tell you why. I know more then you do because this is what I do. I actually study this fucking topic in far more depth then you could ever dream of. The US two party system is truly democratic because:

1) It makes the system more efficient, and effective
2) People often can criticize their own party unlike in Britain. John McCain is a politican who goes after his own party
3) The system had a high turn-out in the last election (2004), nearly 60% I believe
Efficiency is not a requisite of Voting - Voting is not efficient in the first place if you really want efficiency have a Oligarchy or a Dictatorship. Which is half way to what America is. The President is a Dictator who is voted in; one of only two. As in the Simpsons; which is often quick; if Kang and Kodos are both running - what do the people do? Generally the less efficient, the more Democratic the Election - what about the Communists in America? Or more likely, the Nationalists, or Fascists - it's their democratic right to vote for their Party - they can't do that in America.

You can critise you Party in Britain! We do it all the time; the difference being that in Britain you can move your vote - in America, to move your vote you have to vote for somebody completely the opposite generally of who you would have before - its harder in American to change your vote therefore. Politicians in Britain also change their party, and critise their party without changing. Because they can here :D

60% is a dreadful turnout! I don't know what part of you thinks that 60% is a reasonable turn out but that missing 40% could have easily changed the election - how can George Bush say he has 51% support in his country when that's from a poll of only 60%! Its crazy.

Giancarlo said:
It is always capitalist freedom. You can't have freedom any other way. It is either capitalist freedom, or dictatorship and murder which you want. You are a freedom hater. Bush was right in this regard. People are freedom haters. You aren't really understanding the facts all that much anymor4e.
Not really... you can have Freedom without Capitalism. What part of not having Capitalism means you don't have Freedom? You live in your own house for free, like with Capitalism but better, you go to Work, like in Capitalism, you get Free Health care, like in few Capitalist Countries, you get a free transport system, like in few Capitalist Countries indeed if any, you pay no Taxes, money is made for the government through your work and through your custom, no Capitalist Country does that. If you want to create a shop; its only a trip to the Local Office, a few forms and if you can you've got the permits to create your own Shop; you get free goods for your shop from a choice of everything the Government makes, you sell it and the set price, you get 10% of that and the rest the government gets. If you don't make money - you're closed down, if you do you're rewarded. You invent things on Government resources at Universities; Colleges; Schools; Labs and in your own home if you work too. If you don't find a job and are not in Education, you are set a job; you can't be Unemployed - there's always something to do.

Where does the lack of Capitalism in that inhibit Freedom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom