Sound Blaster Audigy

Decessus

Beta member
Recently I did a complete format of my hard drive. I am trying to get my sound card to work, but I don't know what to do. It's a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum. What do I need to do in order to get the computer to recoginize the card? I'm running Window's XP. I've already tried looking Creative Labs website but didn't find anything. I appreciate the help.

You need the drivers installed to get that thing running. WHen I installed my brand new Audigy 2 ZS gamers, I had no sound at all. I installed the CD that came with the drivers and other software. Now it works great. Sound is awesome and love it. It sounds much better than my previous Audigy 2 value card.

After drivers are installed, double check volume controls, etc. Their website should have them available dor download if you don't have the original CD that comes with the sound card.

try installing the web update first to get the sound card to recognize then install the normal cd drivers.

See if that works.

It should have come with a CD, pop in the CD, and then install the drivers off of it, then restart the computer. If that fails, open the PC side, and reseat the SoundCard, making sure this time that it is snug and seems to be fitting properly. Then repeat the first step above. GL! ANd Welcome to Computer Forums!! :D

Yeah but when you do that It says that it cant find a Soundblaster card. I have run into the same problems. Just installed the webupdate to get windows to recognize it then installed the real drivers.

Its really just a windows problem. Or an audigy problem.

That's the next I'm going to do. I need to get online and download some of the updates for my PC (mainly SP1 and SP2, then some security updates). Only problem is I don't have Internet access for the new PC just yet. Still swapping between two computers for internet usage and the other one for games, homework, etc. Thank goodness for KVM.

Back
Top Bottom