PCI Express isn't that Express!

PCIe config with an x850XT PE GPU or a 6800Ultra/GT. You can go SLi, but only if you are going to throw down the BIG CASH for a dual 6800GT or Ultra system, otherwise, it isn't worth the trouble.

so if all i wanan be able to do is play, doom 3, far cry, half life 2, and counter strike source adn any other games that come out on full settings i would only need to get a x850 with the single PCI-ex socket?

money_man said:
so if all i wanan be able to do is play, doom 3, far cry, half life 2, and counter strike source adn any other games that come out on full settings i would only need to get a x850 with the single PCI-ex socket?
yep, make sure its the XTPLATINUM EDITION tho, not jsut the regular XT

Link is no good Necro! BTW, there is a difference between PCIx and PCIe. PCI X is the advanced PCI bus that runs at 66MHz instead of 33MHz. PCI Express runs at 1100MHz BASE SPEED, and can be OCed from there.

the difference between the Xt and XT PE is very minimal.

A few speeds higher, but parts are essentially the same.

Getting a good oc'able XT is same as XT PE.

Well doesn't this just suck... Oh well, good thing I was holding off on a comp, eh?

I don't think you guys should be as upset about this considering how new PCIe is still. Give it times and I bet more manufacturers will improve things...

Back
Top Bottom