adware removal help

megaman777

Solid State Member
After trying the new microsoft anti-spyware program, I've noticed nothing significant from spybot or ad-aware. The microsoft program can pick up things the other two can't but the opposite is true also. Ive tried reformatting my harddrive, but the same adware pops up-"coolweb","search180","searchwww." Im pretty sure many of you have had problems with these. Any suggestions? Any input would be much appreciated-thanx.

shouldnt be possible, ummmmm lol go to ur c drive and serch for the program, or go to ur ctrl+alt+delete and go to processes, and sort by name, any processes ur running that windows doesnt need, or taht u dun kno about i would shut down, DO NOT SHUT DOWN "EXPLORERE.EXE" that mite help u

oh I messed up explorer.exe once when I was editing it. then I had to fix it that was fun doing it all through task manager opening processes manually lol.

anyway, you could also check your registry. try the Run folder.
goto start-> run->type regedit -> goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\Windows\CURRENT VERSION\Run
delete any bad stuff in there. Although I doubt this will help you, since anything in there should have been found by adaware.
good luck

Thanks for the response guys. I made an ooof in my thread- Instead of saying I tried to reformat my harddrive, I meant I tried reinstalling my windows XP. Anyways, after locating the adware, it keeps reinstalling itself. And what makes it more annoying is the alert signal that keeps popping up from the microsoft or Mcaffee anti-spyware/firewall after I delete the spyware signaling its attempt at reinstallation.

when you reinstall you have to format don't you?
anyway I just thought maybe you could try doing a low-level format. you maybe able to do this in your bios, or if not you could go to the manufaturer website for your harddrive, they probably have a utility there for it.

yah. I have found those repair installations never seem to work anyway. At least I have not had any good luck with them

just uninstall it & then , go to bios, and delete the folder Adaware, then re-install it, that should fix it.

Back
Top Bottom