AMD vs Intel vs Apple (NO FLAMING!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rakedog said:
Rockefeller won the oil market by putting it's multiple competitors out of market, or buying them altogether. AMD has only one major opponent. So you can't exactly use that as an example.

However, in a different sense, you're right. He refined oil cheaper and better, which is what AMD is doing right now.

Not at all. Standard Oil still had competitiors. AMD isn't at the stage it was. However, AMD does own the means of production of its CPU, and the factories. So yes I can use that example. Don't challenge me in this regard. You can't win.

Maybe they will start making thoose crystal chips because the heatthe chips these days make are too muck for the silicon or whatever they are made of

Not at all. Standard Oil still had competitiors. AMD isn't at the stage it was. However, AMD does own the means of production of its CPU, and the factories. So yes I can use that example. Don't challenge me in this regard. You can't win.

I'm not talking about that.

Standard Oil won -> By buying out and outdoing (putting out of buissness) other companies (not that they have no competors as of now).

AMD -> One competetor (Intel).

Standard Oil always had competitiors. They didn't quite buy out everyone (I believe Standard Oil now is Exxon Mobile).

hell yes! of course, we're so far behind those damn asians! best technology udner the world, they have... those koreans and japanese.... america is so far behind...

America isn't far behind because many of those companies in Asia work in conjunction with companies in the Silicon Valley.

Mwahahaha!!! Asian invasion baby! WHOOOHOOO!!! Note that alot of PHD grads etc. are asian (as in chinese, indian, japanese, korean etc.).

Giancarlo said:
America isn't far behind because many of those companies in Asia work in conjunction with companies in the Silicon Valley.

Very true. nVIDIA was founded by an Asian. So was ASUS (they're actually based in Taiwan).

yeah, well, i went to korea last summer and man.... they have some crazy things over there.. let me tell you... but the thing is.... ITS SO CRAZY EXPENSEIVE! DAMN! i coud barely even look at the things... geez...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom