AMD vs Intel vs Apple (NO FLAMING!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, ya, all companies gotta come out with something that is "the best" just to make extra money when some of their things arent selling as well as they like :)

Well, even AMD has their little "corporate lies", they are not perfect. And this is coming out of AMD zen's mouth BTW. :D

lol i know, i say the 2 biggest bastard comp companies, are microsoft and alien ware, over charge on EVERYTHING

Fair point Zen, and trance, every company does have to have a little bs, against Intel that's the only way to survive. There really is no way Intel could justify the price tag of some of their "best" cpus. The rumour about the prescott being 64bit capable and ready was probably leaked by Intel in the first place, because someone somewhere would probably be able to mod it. But Intel couldn't, only way to stop everyone buy AMD 64's ready for longhorn (even though we know thats a way off now, 2006-2007) plus the fact even if the prescott was modded or already ready for 64bit action, Intel knew it would be outdated by the time longhorn arrived anyway so they wouldn't have to worry about anything as Smithfield and the like would be ready to go.

trance565 said:
lol i know, i say the 2 biggest bastard comp companies, are microsoft and alien ware, over charge on EVERYTHING

LoL, Alienware? overcharge? never.. so £2500 isn't a good price for something you can outbuild yourself for less than £1000? (magazine article pitching a Aurora Extreme for 2.5k (at the time) against a custom built £910 setup) The custom build out performed the AE in almost every test done, fps doom 3 ( this was before hl2 ) 3dmark 01, 3dmark 03, COD fps, and I think it slipped under by 5 points or so on SiSoft Sandra performance test.

plus them alienware cases need a damn crane to cart around the place.. THEY're HUGE!

The EM64Ts aren't that good; but the same thinking that goes into the fact that the Prescotts will be outdated by Longhorn even if they are 64-bit has to go into AMD. Their success now does not mean success in the future - people who take out huge gambles like that win rarely and the AMD64 was a gamble. Its useless for anybody basically; other than for slightly increased Benchmarks on most of Intel's marks. The advantage of AMD64s is not performance - its for AMD and its in the form of stealing Market. As consumers we all gain little from the creation of the 64-bit AMDs.

Intel's Smithfield and whatever wierd name AMD have for their Dual Core Processors are whole new builds. And when AMD build and Intel build on commond turf with Intel having more time to Research, HP's 64-bit Technology from the Itanium and an urge to gain more Market Share I would bet on Intel any day - Intel have been the inventors of most of the Processor Technology we all use today; and have Hyper Threading Technology and knowledge.

i think amd was thinking with microsoft when tehy made the a64's and microcrap was just late in releasing it

Nah; Microsoft hadn't even planned on Windows Pro 64-bit Edition when AMD released the AMD64 - in fact Windows worked with HP for Windows Pro 64-bit Edition to put it in Itanium Workstations. AMD had nothing to do with it.

LK is just desperate to see the faltering Intel take the lead, which won't happen. Sad enough for him, Intel is going to delay a 64-bit version of its processor again.

"As consumers we all gain little from the creation of the 64-bit AMDs."

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom